explination

if you are reading this, then it means you have finished my short story: in tongues. thank you for reading to the end. i know many of you are wondering what happened. i'm sure you want an explination for the cryptic way i've written things. and this is what this is for. if you are reading this before you finish the story, turn back now. there will be spoilers. if not, continue.

over all the story is based off the songs on Joji's album in tongues and his single yeah right. each chapter title and content corresponds to a song and it's lyrics.

chapter one - demons

this chapter talks about how yoongi has demons. most people will understand this as mental illnesses, like depression and anxiety. as we can see yoongis girlfriend, who i never name, is rather pissed at yoongi because of the fact that his mental illness debilitates him from living a normal, happy life. at the end he says "they're taking my heart now and i don't know why." this is a lyric from the song and i used it as to say the demons have taken over every aspect of his life. now the demons are taking his heart, his girlfriend, and he doesn't know why. he doesn't know why his girlfriend can't accept him in the troubles he goes through.

chapter two - i don't wanna waste my time

joji said that this song is about cheating. basically, yoongi uses this new girl to try and move on from the pain his girlfriend has caused him. when he says "she's only on my mind when i need her. i don't need to know what she does when the sun goes down." he is saying that he only uses the girl when he needs to forget the pain he is in. he doesn't need to know anything else about her. when he talks to his girlfriend he says "i don't wanna waste my time if i cant be by your side." meaning he doesn't want to be with her if he's not going to get the love he really feels he wants. he doesn't want to be with her in a relationship that isn't fullfilling.

chapter three - pills

the song is about feeling regret from a relationship and eventually turning to medication to heal this pain and guilt you feel. he says "i need you back" which is a line from the song. and yoongi ends up taking zoloft, which is a medication joji mentions in the song, kind of like whispers in the background.

chapter four - worldstar money

the chapter is kind of self explanitory. he does say "am I crazy" which is a line from the song. and since the song actually uses a clip of a worldstar fight in the background, i thought i should make it a chapter where they argue. the last thing yoongi says is "so tenderly you watched me burn" which is another line from the song. i used it to mean that his girlfriend sat around and watched the depression take over yoongis life but didn't really help him. he said tenderly because of the comment she makes. he uses it as sarcasm.

chapter five - will he

joji's most famous song is will he. i took a lot of the setting vibes from the video. i really wanted to make it feel like 3 am watching the blasting tv, but you're not really watching, you're thinking about something. which is the vibe i get from the music video. the line where yoongi says "will your tongue still remember the taste of my lips..." those are lines from the song. basically he's asking if she will remember him in the long run even though she has someone new. he also says "will he treat you like shit just the way that i did? cause i don't blame you." he gets kind of cocky here. he's jealous. but basically he's asking if her new man will treat her the same way yoongi did, and if he does then yoongi can't blame her because she's just chosen someone else who acts just like yoongi. he's kind of saying "you'll never get away from the memory of me."

chapter six - bitter fuck

basically, this girl is going around now saying that yoongi was never really her boyfriend, just someone that she slept around with. he was just a "fuck" and since he's so depressed that makes him "bitter." he also says at the end "i don't want to live in my skin anymore. i find it hard to be myself." which are lyrics in the song. this basically means that he feels like he is putting up this mask and someone who is acceptable for society. he finds it hard to be who he truly is. he's watering down how he really feels for those around him to feel comfortable.

chapter seven - plastic taste

this chapter is short because the song is very short. basically the song is about how joji prefers to be hidden behind a screen rather than meet with people in person. these people are love intrests, but i made it that yoongi prefers staying in and not meeting any people, period.

chapter eight - yeah right

joji wrote this song after having one of these hypersensative, dissociating nights in the club. thats really the vibe i was going for when thinking of the setting. lines from the song include " imma fuck up my life. you never gave a single fuck about me. we aint ever gonna be together i see." i took these and used them as dialoge. yoongi speaking of his ex who never gave a fuck about him and that they're never going to be together, so he's going to fuck up his life. she doesn't care so why should he?

chapter nine - window

this song is about how joji wants to sleep forever. he sees all these things around him, but they're better in his dreams so he wants to sleep forever so he can always see things better. i personally took this as someone standing on the ledge of a window. looking at everything and understanding that it is better when they're "asleep." however, joji says he doesn't need the antidote, meaning 'sleep' is the antidote to the pain he feels. he doesn't need to die to get away from the pain. when yoongi says "i don't want to drive slow. i want to speed up with my eyes closed." he's saying he wants to go at life full speed. he doesn't want life to stop. when he says "ice cold meltdown" he's saying that he had this hard patch in life, something that made him feel ice cold, but now it is melting down. the hard patch is passing. so he decides to stay alive.

i hope this helps you understand the story. thank you for reading. i love you all.