Chapter 3

Tord

I took a deep calming breath and sat in my seat trying to ignore the fact that I am sitting by an alpha.

"Hey"

I heard from next to me. I jumped a little in my seat, surprised that someone wanted to talk to me. I look to my left and see it was the alpha, Thomas was his name.

"H-Hello.." I managed to say that one word without freezing up. I improved on my speech towards Alphas a little bit when I was homeschooled after what happened.

"My name is Thomas Ridgewood, but you can just call me Tom."

He smiles at me and I couldn't help but look at his features. A jaw sharp but soft at the same time, a nose that is small but not a button nose, eyes that are like a black hole, swallowing everything till it disappears, hair as fluffy as a pomeranian but shaved at the sides and the back, black earrings covering his ears. He is handsome to say the least but I can't get too close. I heard a chuckle and I blush at what I did.

"Am I that handsome that you need to memorize how I look?"

I look at him again and see a smirk. I blush a soft red and look down, fiddling with my sleeves out of habit. I again hear a chuckle from the alpha next to me. I look up and blush more when I notice that he has dimples when he smiles. Is there anything that isn't perfect about him? Anything that would make him seem like a bad alpha?

When I was about to answer him the bell rang to dismiss us for our next class. I squeak a little, not used to the noise of the bell. I took another deep breath and got up when everyone went out the door. I grabbed my bag and nervously stepped towards the door. My foot was out of the door and a hand tapped on my shoulder. I squealed and jumped up before falling on my butt tripping over nothing.

I blushed from embarrassment when a hand was offered in front of my face. I looked up and saw Tom staring at me with a calming smile on his face. He grabs my hand and pulls me up making sure I'm stable before letting go.

"There you go, don't want you to be embarrassed anymore, do we?"

I look down fiddling with the bottom of my sweater avoiding contact. "Mhm.." I felt someone touching my hair softly ruffling it. I look up at Tom and pout a little. He chuckles, stuffing his hand in his pocket while picking up my backpack. He hands my backpack back to me smiling at me.

"What's your next period cutie?"

I pull out my schedule and look at what my next period is. "Math.."

"Dang, I have study hall this period but my friends are in your next one. I'll show you the way"

I smile a little, closing my eyes. "Thank you.." He nods and puts an arm around me leading me to my math class. As we reach the door I see a tall orange-haired boy with a lot of freckles and a small boy with chestnut brown hair.

"Tom!"

The chestnut brown hair boy runs to Tom and hugs him smiling. Tom smiles and holds the small boy close. I pull away from Tom a little to give him some space. I smiled a little at the scene and didn't notice the orange-haired boy move next to me.

"I'm Mathew Collin, but you can call me Matt. That adorable boy in Tom's arms is Edward Rosegold. But you can call him Edd"

I smile softly and offer a shy wave. "I-I'm Tord Oen"