1: The New Beginning

Louise POV

I couldn’t believe it. They had just gotten rid of me. My parents, the people who were meant to love me unconditionally had decided that my choice to help people who were struggling instead of becoming a model was not worth it. I mean that was just ridiculous, I was not ‘skinny enough’ to become a model but I was perfectly happy with myself and I didn’t want to change to meet their expectations.

The YTA was just a myth to most, something that some parents threatened their kids with. But now I knew that it could happen, very easily. I was sad and upset and angry but also slightly excited at the possibility of me being allowed to work on my blog in peace. My parents had never understood it but it was my passion, I could combine beauty, fashion and advice to people who loved it.

I didn’t know where I was going, only that the plane would be landing in Brisbane, Australia but from there we would be driven to our new house. It wasn’t just the potential new life that was scaring me it was also the fact that I looked it up, and Brisbane would be sweltering hot. I hated the heat and coming from a country where 24 degrees was really hot to a country where it could reach double that temperature scared me.

I couldn’t sit here bawling my eyes out at how sorry I for myself I was feeling so I decide to go to the airplane bathroom to wash my face. So I squeezed past the old lady in the aisle seat and headed off towards the bathroom. 

After I walked out of the tiny airplane bathroom with my eyes still puffy from crying I bumped into a petite girl who looked about my age. She was wearing a beanie, and was quite pretty but she scowled at me and continued walking. Realising I must still look like a complete mess I kept my head down as I scuttled back to my seat.

I opened up my laptop (one of the things I was lucky enough to keep) and logged onto the free wifi so I could calm myself by doing what I did best, blogging. 

Joe’s POV

While I waited for Zoe to come back from the bathroom I checked the instructions that we were given for our ‘new life’. It just told us our flight times, roughly where in the world we were going, what we had to do when we got there and then on the very last page there was two lists. One was the things that we had/were allowed to bring and the other was a list of names and locations of who else was in our house. We knew nothing about them except for that most of them were British and American, one was Australian and another was South African. I hoped they weren’t crazy but then again their own parents were sending them away so you never knew. I didn’t understand how parents could do that, especially my own. 

Zoe was heartbroken by it and I knew it was partly my fault because I kept getting into trouble. But I was just trying to protect her and that’s the reason I got expelled from school. She was having another panic attack because two boys were harassing her in the hallway. Nobody was helping her and luckily I went to check on her and when I saw them taunting her I just snapped. Next thing I knew I was in the headmaster’s office for knocking one of them out by slamming him against the lockers and giving the other a bloody nose. I didn’t think I had it in me but apparently I did and therefore I was expelled.

That was the final straw for our parents and they sent us away. And even though Zoe was sad I was just happy I was able to stay with her.

As she came back and sat down she gave me a small smile, ‘don’t look so worried, I’m ok’.

‘Yeah I know, I was actually just thinking about the other people we have to live with’.

‘I was thinking about it and if we are nice and try to get along then it will hopefully be ok’, she said smiling.

I smiled and nodded but I still wasn’t totally convinced.

We both went on our laptops before finally, after a total of 23 hours of being on the plane, were told that we would be shortly making our decent into Brisbane International Airport. Everything was about to change for us and even though I would never admit it to Zoe I was really nervous about it.

I don’t know if people read the Authors Notes (I always do but apparently some don’t) but I just wanted to say hey :) Each chapter will be written in one or two characters POVs and perhaps some 3rd person POVs, I will make sure to say which so you never get confused. Of course feedback is always loved, as this is my first fic so I have no clue what I’m doing. I also don’t know how often/regularly I will update as I am rather busy but I still wanted to write when I feel like it.

Also I know its early on but I’m dedicating this chapter to TroylerPhandom because she left a comment on the prologue saying she was wanting an update and I haden't even started the actual story yet plus her writing is awesome so go stalk her :D

- Milly