Chapter 7: Fresh Start

Back to your POV

You rented a small flat near SNU. It is just enough for one person and the cheapest that you can afford. It was a struggle for you to be alone and far away from Na Eun and your family. It wasn't easy. While browsing in your laptop for a part time job, your mom called you.

You: Hello eomma.

You: Yes, I'm doing fine. Don't worry I'll get used to it. And by the way I will be working part time, you don't need to give me some money after I get a job.

And you both just talked for almost an hour.

You continued to browse. You saw that SBS is hiring for an assistant/researcher for part time. So far it is the most descent part time job that you saw. And it is quite interesting because you might get the chance to see a celebrity. You applied for it.

Classes will start 2 weeks from now so you still have time to look for other part time jobs just in case you didn't get one from your previous applications.

Your phone rang.

"Hello?" You greeted.

"Hi is this Jihyo-ssi?" You heard a voice of a woman.

"Yes, who's this?" You asked.

"I'm Sam from SBS. I would like to invite you for an interview. Are you available tomorrow, 9am?"

"Sure Sam. Thank you."

As you hanged up the phone.

"Yes! I might get this job finally."

Fast Forward >>

To make the story short, you got the job. And will be starting tomorrow.

"Hi Jihyo, you will be working as an assistant and researcher for the music program SBS Inkigayo. There won't be a lot of work to do here not unless a big group will have comeback and this show is only once a week. So, for now you need to do some research about YG's IKON. They will be performing their new song and we need to decorate the studio closest to their music video theme. Ok?" Sam said, you nodded and she left you in research room alone.

You have no idea what and who IKON is. So you do the research and searched for their latest song. IKON just released their video yesterday and will be having their comeback 3 days from now.

You researched their latest music video, Rhythm Ta. You watched it and as expected your are surprised to see Jinhwan.

What the hell? Why of all idols, why is it you again?

While looking at the mirror, your expression cannot be painted. It's been 3 years now and you're afraid to see him again.

IKON's comeback day

"Jihyo-ah, can you please ask IKON to have their rehearsal now? They're in the dressing room" Sam said you just nodded nervously.

You walked through the hallway. Feeling nervous, don't know how to react when you see Jinhwahn. You knocked and slowly opened the door. They are all warming up but you did not see Jinhwan.

"Hi. I'm Lee Jihyo, production assistant and researcher. Ahmm, PD said please prepare for rehearsal in 5 minutes. That's all. Thanks." You said.

You walked out as fast as you can due to nervousness and didn't help yourself to lie your back on the door as you shut it. Deep sigh and you closed your eyes for a second or two.

"Excuse me?" You heard someone. So you opened your eyes only to see a very handsome yet familiar face of Jinhwan. You covered your mouth in awe. You ran as fast as you can to the research room. You're panting as you arrived in the research room.