Chapter 21: Settling Feeling

It's been five days since that night. All this time Shoto had been quietly observing Izuku. While he wanted his assumptions to be wrong and the green haired omega didn't have any recurring nightmares anymore. Except for Shoto, Izuku looked completely uncomfortable around other alphas, even towards their friends. Like he had regressed back to how he had been when they had started at U.A.

Izuku had been literally jumpy and scared of them and from time to time he'd act hostile alphas that approach him without warning, then he'd have a sudden mood swing and he'd tuck himself in his nest all night long.

It was hard seeing him like that and he wouldn't want to take any risk in making his condition even more worse than it already was. Which is why he is coming up with a hard decision and he knew that Izuku wouldn't like this at all.

It was after dinner. Izuku was snuggled in between of Uraraka and Asui with their other classmates chatting away about their heroics class that. Shoto didn't want to disturb them as they seem to be having a great time with their talk but once Izuku had noticed him in the room he had immediately stood up and approached him.

"What's wrong Shoucchan?" Izuku asked only then did he realize that he was in a daze.

"Oh no, it's nothing...." He said reluctantly "But, can we talk for a bit, just the two of us?"

Izuku was a bit tense when Shoto had only said he wanted to talk. Because the alpha seemed so reluctant and unsure, there was a side of him that was panicking but the omega simply nodded and followed Shoto as he leads them back to his room.

Within the privacy of his room. Shoto had Izuku sat in his bed while he sat across him so that they were facing with each other as he began talking.

Izuku could clearly hear what Shoto was talking about regarding his recurring PTSD but his word seemed so distant to him and he was feeling lightheaded. It wasn't helping either that Shoto was going roundabout with the topic, unsure of how to break his decision to him.

"What did you just say?"

Shoto inhaled sharply, honestly not wanting to repeat what he had said because he hated it as much "I think that we should postpone our mating for now"

"Why!?" Izuku choked out "It's only two weeks more before we have to go and we've been planning this for a long time? Why are you saying this now?!"

"Izuku please..." Shoto crooned hoping that it'll calm him down but Izuku pushed him away.

"Is it because of what happened the last time?"

"yes..." Shoto groaned "No... it's that but not because of that."

"Do you not want me anymore because of that?"

"Oh god Izuku, No! I want you. I have always need you, even I am as reluctant to not go on with our bonding"

"Then why!?"

"Because I don't want to hurt you!"

"What do you mean. I'm completely fine and I trust that you won't do anything to me"

"It's not that" the dual toned male bit his lip "It's just... it's just hard.... Do you not realize that your trauma is recurring? It's hard to see you being afraid all over again. I can't bear seeing you being scared and I don't want to risk hurting you on our supposedly special day. Please Izuku."

There was nothing but uncomfortable silence. Izuku wasn't responding to him nor did he even look at him.

"Alright." Izuku finally said swallowing the hard lump in his throat.