Chapter 13: Born this way

Draco's POV

I guess that I have always felt different to the slytherins from 4th year. Maybe this was lucky that I was put in Ravenclaw. I wanted to be different to my father but forced into a mirror image of him. To be honest I was glad that I was put in Ravenclaw; one reason of course was my Hermione. Now we could be together and not judged. I was walking with Hermione back to the Ravenclaw common room hand in hand, how much better could this get. I am finally different to my father and I had the girl of my dreams who i would somday like to marry. Maybe I would someday.
The Ravenclaw commonroom is very similar to the Gryffindor commonroom, well that is at least what Hermione says, all I know is that they are both towers. We reached the commonroom portrait, it was a painting if a small girl around 7 years old holding a bouquet of flowers. The Ravenclaw password was always a riddle, I loved solving them but the passwords were really easy.

" A rooster lays an egg on a triangular roof, it lays and egg. Which way does it roll?" The little girl asked us.

"Oh come on, this is the easiest password yet." said Hermione.

"I know, a first year would know that" I said to Hermione.

" There is no egg. Roosters dont lay eggs" a huffed Hermione said.

" Lets go in side."

The portrait door swung open and we stepped inside, still holding hands. I never got used to how beautiful the common room looked. Blue and silver drapes were hanging across the windows. A fire was roaring on the edge of the room. It was so cosy inside. I grabbed Hermione by the waist and picked her up and put her onto the nearest blue plush couch and put her down. At first I snogged her but then she just lay down next to me and I played with her hair while she played with one of my hands.

Hermione's POV

I feel as I have never belonged in Gryffindor properly. I was never that brave but I have always been smart. I understand how Harry and Ron were Gryffindors but I never understood how I had any of the houses traits. Gryffindor had treated me well over the years but I think Ravenclaw will do better. Draco and I are rather similar people, we are both only child's so as younger kids we both longed for a sibling as well as that we were both rather intellectual people, and I finally would not have to dial down my level of vocabulary.

I was rather comfy laying into Draco, he was playing with my hair while I was fiddling with his hand.

"Have you ever thought about your future Hermione ?" Said Draco from out of the blue.

"To be honest, slightly"

"What do you want to do with your life than?"

"I would love to own a bookshop in hogsmede and then have children. I know it sounds very traditional and standard but it is what I really want. I have wanted children of my own watching them grow from infants to young adults." I said, starting to ponder on my future. Who would I get married to? When do I want kids? How will I afford the bookshop and kids? These were all questions running through my head now.

"What do you want to do with your life, Draco?"

" I want to do something different than my father. I am labeled by his wrong decisions which I don't want."

"It still doesn't answer my question."

"I guess I wanna do something similar to you then, I have always wanted to be a dad. I told my father when I was 17 that I wanted to have kids, as a punishment he then whipped me for three hours."

I gasped at this.

"No 17year old should have to go through that."

"Hermione? I was wondering, if you would like to be my girlfriend. I know that we call ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend but I wanted to ask you properly."

I was so happy at this moment. I got us to stand up and then I wrapped my arms around his neck and gently kissed him, after time it became more passionate and heated. After time we separated, since I was breathless.

"Of course I will be your girlfriend Draco." I whispers in his ear.