4.1.reality.june

After the meeting at the fashion event Harry and I have continued our knock-knock joke feud, which I'm winning by the way

After the meeting at the fashion event Harry and I have continued our knock-knock joke feud, which I'm winning by the way. Any other conversation seems amiable enough and the mysterious text message incident remains an enigma, Daisy seems adamant it was Camille but the model seemed friendly when I met her in person so I quickly dismissed the idea.

Today I was meeting Harry at around twelve in my house, the reason for my flustered tidying of scattered books, pillows and clothes that are left around the place as if it were hit by a major disaster. Contrary to the journalist's thoughts that I kept my house tidy was complete fiction, that morning I had quickly crammed stray objects in nearby spaces.

I hadn't really thought about what we were going to do, as I don't really get much free time and when I did it was spent writing new songs, reading true crime stories or playing my tired guitar.

But any activity planning was to late now as it was five minutes to twelve, a knock would be heard any time now.

Ironically, a knock at the front door alerted me of his presence. Of course he would be early, is there time a when he isn't perfect.

I opened the door with a giddy excitement, that always appeared when he was around. There he was dressed casually in a white t-shirt and black jeans, brown curls chaotically sticking out in all angles and a dimpled smile on his face as she opened the door.

"Knock knock" he joked with a grin, referencing the unhealthy amount of knock knock jokes we've shared.

In response I sighed in mock exasperation "Don't start with that again", moving to the out of the doorway to let him in to my living room, that still had books scattered under furniture.

" Yeh' love meh' jokes really" His lips pressed together in a childish pout, as he glanced around the mess that is my living room.

For a moment I felt insecure because I'd seen pictures posted on Instagram from models who had their houses designed in a modern masterpiece, showing off their wealth. While mine was unorganized and slightly mismatched.

But, the moment insecurity ended as a mischievous smirk appeared on his pink lips "Did yeh' even try to clean up."

A bit embarrassed and slightly defensive "This is clean, for me. Not everyone can be organised like you". My arms were defensively crossed, and I stuck my tongue out at him cheekily.

The little grin spread across his clearly indicated that he enjoyed my cheekiness. Harry's grin grew wider as he challenged me by questioning"Who says I'm organised?".

"You're the one that came five minutes early" I said, clearly not realizing the implied innuendo in my words.

The corners of his lips curled into a smirk and it was clear that he caught onto my unintentional innuendo. I don't think my cheeks could have been more red, breaking the promise to myself not be a complete mess in front of him.

"That-that's not what I meant I-" I tried to explain my innocence since I didn't want it to seem like I was flirting, especially because he has a girlfriend.

Harry was clearly laughing at my expense "Who knew yeh' could be so dirty? I thought you were just filled with cheesy knock knock jokes".

In response I tried to come up with a witty comeback, but my experience with words failed me and so I was left with only one option: grab the nearest pillow.

Unfortunately, he saw the assault coming and ducked when the pale blue pillow was thrown in his direction. However, this just caused a pillow to be thrown back at me in retaliation. My competitive nature got the best of me and pillows were flung across my living room.

At some point we ran out of pillows so we scrabbled to get the nearest pillow. Unfortunately, he reached a pillow first and threatened me with menacing childlike grin, holding the pillow over his head aiming at me.

My feet scampered across the plush grey carpet to the opposite side the pale couch, that was no longer decorated with pale blue pillows. My chocolate eyes stared him down with a glare I practiced when Daisy wanted the last chocolate bar.

He moved so suddenly, flinging himself into a position where he held a pillow over your head ready to strike you with the pillow. His smile. I couldn't stop the large smile that covered my face in response to the infectious grin on his face.

"Are yeh' goin' to surrender?" His voice rumbled with only hints of being breathless.

"Hmm" I muttered teasingly, only to receive a threatening flinch of the pillow. "Okay, okay. You can pick the film" I hurriedly gestured to the television.

After I said that a soft force hit the top of my head, resulting in my hair frizzing about my face. In response my childish pout was paired with a glare at him, only to get more laughter in response.

I sat on the couch purposely being silent towards him, shifting myself so that I was facing away from him. It had been about thirty seconds before he realised I was pouting.

"Aw. June don't pout your face will stick like that" a series of exaggerated faces accompanied his statement, I pulled my best poker face and tried not quirk my lips in response. When he saw there was no response from me, he said reluctantly "You can pick the movie".

My face must have lit up at the prospect of choosing the movie because a small chuckle left his lips.

All the possible movie genres ran through my mind; comedy, action, rom-coms and my personal favourite: horror. But I just couldn't picture him snuggled on the couch with a cup of tea watching the latest saw film. So, I chose one of my favourite films; Aladdin, I just hoped that he wouldn't judge me.

It turns out he was rather fond of the movie himself and we ended up singing along together, not to mention the number of giggles we shared when genie made a stupid jokes that we should have been immune to.

When the movie ended, his lips were curled in a slight sad frown, that was a huge contrast to the wide dimpled smile he was wearing a couple of minutes ago. Unsure of what could have caused this response I searched my memory for anything that I might have said or done to provoke the frown. Was it something I said? Did I miss something? 

"Harry, are you okay?" I said tentatively to the slouched brunette who had his head hung. I wasn't sure of my boundaries since we hadn't known each other long.

"Yeah, just-" he hesitated "I'm just havin' a hard time at the moment."

I understood completely that he didn't want to divulge anything too personal at the moment and I didn't want to pry too much. So, I did what I could offer an ear if he wanted to talk "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I'm always just a call away if you need someone to talk to" I smiled kindly at him.

A small smile grew on his face, and I knew that had been the right thing to say. A few seconds later he was his usual happy self, cracking jokes and telling me bizarre stories that had me in stitches. 

But, I had a feeling that the friendship between us was also stronger after that. And when he left I scribbled a few new lyrics on the back a book that was left around the room.