DELMAR'S

You pulled your hair up into a messy ponytail as you headed outside the safety of the counter to restock the gummy worms and sour candies that someone always tended to take.

"Don't forgot about those gummy worms!" Your Dad called out to you.

You sighed, shoving a few of the colorful packages onto the shelf. "I know, Dad. I know. A veces puede ser tan molesto." You muttered the last part to yourself.

"What was that?" Your Dad called out to you.

"Nothing!" You quickly fired back, hearing the little bell chime on the door as you headed back behind the counter to allow for more room for customers.

-
The days at Delmar's usually went slow- since everyone didn't get off of work until it was time for you to go home to start homework.

You grabbed your bag, getting ready to leave as you shoved your binders and other books for school inside before tossing it onto your shoulder.

"Hey, Mr. Parker! Number five right?" Your Dad said enthusiastically. You couldn't see the smile on Peter's face but you could imagine it.

You had the world's biggest crush on him- and he overlooked your emotions every time. Which was somewhat annoying but also kind of disappointing.

"Yes, with pickles and can you squish it down real flat? Thanks."

You had his order memorized that you could probably make it. You tried to listen in on the rest of the conversation between them- but didn't hear much.

You glanced around the back to make sure you weren't missing anything before you walked out, giving your dad a kiss on his cheek.

"Adios, Padre. I'll see you at home." You told him before giving Peter a shy smile as you walked past him.

You couldn't help it.

Peter was the kind of guy that was super sweet and seemed like the purest angel to ever walk this earth. You wanted him to know how special you were to him.

"Adios, Señor Parker." You told him as you opened the door before walking out into the busy streets of Queens.

Your smile wasn't coming off your face.

It seemed it wouldn't ever.

You were falling hard for the gummy worm loving and flat-pickle sandwich kid who didn't even know of the huge crush you had formed.

-
part two???

-katherine