FALLING FOR YOU

psa: these next imagines that are being posted will have the name of a song & the artist that the imagine is inspired by. please feel free to check out my 'aesthetically pleasing' playlist for more fresh, modern music.

song: 'Falling for U'
artist: Peachy! ft. mxmtoon

lyric inspiration: 'but I just wanna be with you'
-              -               -             -               -               -    

Peter was known for his award winning knowledge that he had in his brain while you were shoved into the dark corner of being smart but not acknowledged.

Sure, you didn't mind not being able to get acknowledged- you weren't a huge fan of much attention but it seemed as if Peter wanted to pull you out of those safe shadows. The shadows were you felt most at ease.

"____?"

You looked up from the stare you had on the table, your eyes meeting Peter's soft, brown ones that stared back, his fork hanging in midair between his plate and his mouth.

"Everything alright?"

You nodded, shutting the book slowly, and began putting it away as Peter just watched you do so. You awkwardly tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear as Peter kept his eyes glued on your every movement.

"Peter? Is there something you want to ask me or are you just going to keep staring at me?" You asked him, your fingers fiddling with the ring on your right hand.

Peter nodded, setting down the bite he was originally going to eat but never did. He wiped his lips off with a napkin before speaking. "Uh, yeah. I was wondering about the math assignment we were assigned to do."

You let out a sigh. "What about it?"

Peter chuckled, pulling out his paper as he slid it in between the two of you. "I had a question on problem eight. I'm not sure whether you divide this by this, or multiply those numbers by this solution."

You laughed. "Peter Parker, the extraordinaire math genius, has a question?" You joked with him, seeing him chuckle back in response.

"Come on, I need the help." He argued. You sighed, trying to easily explain it to him while not allowing your feelings to get in the way of this.

You had been best friends with Peter for about six years now, and you hadn't thought anything of getting feelings towards him until it actually started happening about a year ago. Sure, you were a girl and Peter was a pretty adorable guy. He had good looks and was definitely smart. You just couldn't bring it to yourself to say something about your true emotions towards him.

It would just complicate things.

Peter smiled. "Oh! Now I get it! Thanks, ____!"

You smiled at him, tucking away your own last few books in your bag before hearing the bell and gathering your trash, tossing it away as Peter left the lunchroom with you.

"So," He began, tightening his grip on his straps that were hanging on his shoulders. "I was wondering if you, uh, how do I say this?"

You felt your cheeks begin to heat up. Was Peter Parker about to ask you out on a real date or was this just a made up scenario in your head? Nope, seemed real.

"Okay, I'll just say it. Do you want to go out with me sometime? Like, on a real date." Peter let out a nervous sigh, you assumed he had been holding in for a little while now.

You turned to face him, the stars in your eyes practically blinding you but you tried to choke out a yes. You wanted this for a while. A year.

"Uh, yeah. Of course. I'd love that!" You told him, trying to hype up the last few words so that he knew you really meant what you said.

Peter smiled. "Then, it's a date."

He began to walk off down the hallway, while you stood back with a smile on your lips as if you couldn't fully control it.

You just wanted to be with him.