Chapter One

Kylos breath hitched ever so slightly as Rey refused to show him any emotion at all. Soon her presence vanished from their bonded minds as she continued to stare deeply into his eyes. Then she was gone in the blink of an eye. Anger clawed at him in powerful waves, followed my another deep emotion that led his mind to confusion.

Looking down at his hands he stared at the two golden dice resting in his hands. Soon, just like Rey, they faded out from his sight. He closed his fist, feeling everything he had was going astray. He tried his best to keep his emotions bottled up, but watching as she left for a second time brought him more anger the longer he thought about it.

He clenched his jaw shut firmly and he stood up, reaching his gloved hand out towards some old rusted metal attached to the panels on the outdated technology. With an enraged yell through his teeth, he used the force to grasp the metal then tear it off the wall. Using the negative force of his anger it shattered and became more pieces upon hitting the floor with great speed and power.

He watched the pieces scatter for a moment before a voice interrupted him. “Ren…” Huxs rather annoying voice called out to him. He wasn't shocked by how displeased the general was with finding him in this situation. He hardly turned his head back at all towards the other man who was invading his moment.

What?” He simply growled, wanting more time away from the man who obviously wished to challenge him for leadership. However he knew Hux was smart enough to know he would lose against a fully trained… What was he now? Sith? Jedi? It didn't matter much, he could still slaughter the general with a wave of his hand. He pushed his thoughts aside to focus on Huxs next words.

“The more time we waste here the further the Rebels get,” Hux continued, sounding rushed. Almost out of spite, Kylo spoke his next words slow. “I know…” He muttered before pausing. “You think I wouldn't have realized that?”

Hux took in a slightly angered breath before continuing with his speaking. “Well, I don't see you doing anything about it,” He pointed out, Kylo closing his eyes as if it would soothe the rage he felt from Hux complaining. “Let her go, and give us time to rebuild our forces,” He ordered, Hux scoffing slightly at his choice of words.

“Let her go?” The general repeated. Kylo cursed to himself for failing to mention the rest of the resistance along with the girl. “Ren, are you deliberately letting them all go for the sake of this one girl?” Hux asked, causing Kylo to finally turn towards him completely, his black cape sweeping around in the air with how fast he turned to the ginger haired man.

Hux straightened himself even more to appear taller, threatened by the angry look in the supreme leaders eyes. “Your job isn't to question me… You just do as I tell you,” Kylo sternly told him, his gaze challenging. His look was daring Hux to just try and argue with him, to try and say anything, anything, to make him mad. ‘Give me a reason to throw you across the room…’

The general swallowed. “Yes, my lord,” He replied before turning and walking out, passing the guards with a frustrated sigh. Kylo watched him leave before taking in a long breath then letting it go, feeling the strain in his muscles. He was sore from his fight with Luke… He ignored the pain, pushing through it like he always had, and always will.

He walked towards the window across the room that lead out to the rest of the base, stepping on the broken metal below without any care. He looked out at the rest of the empire he brought, specifically Hux as he ordered around the troops. He was disappointed with the small size of his remaining army. The last battle left him with little supplies and a less than significant amount of clones. Most of his forces had been destroyed on Snokes ship.

He thought back to that moment for a few seconds, remembering the look on Rey's face when he was just about to kill Snoke. It was such a helpless, pleading look. It made him feel so powerful, yet so weak at the same time. He didn't understand it, and perhaps he never will. All these strange feelings were once again confusing him. Like before, he pushed them away.

He payed attention to the figures outside the window again. Making eye contact with Hux, who was wearing his usual expression. He held his gaze, waiting for the general to look away. The stare off lasted a few more seconds before Hux turned and walked into the open door of a supply ship. He watched the others for a bit longer before himself away.

~

Rey walked down the Falcons halls to a place where she could at least try to sleep, but her mind was racing and way more focused on how to fix the lightsaber she and Kylo broke. Every solution she thought of was turned down by the fact she and Kylo had shattered the crystal inside of the weapon. They were both holding onto the crystal so tight… They had the same goals, which completely destroyed the thing they both wanted.

She frowned as the thoughts passed through her mind. It made her think of another goal they both desperately shared. They both were fighting to turn the other. Snoke had made them believe they would both turn for eachother. He planted the images in each of their heads. Images of them choosing the other…

It made a pang of sorrow pass through her to know the truth. Kylo didn't want to choose her over his throne. And she had betrayed his feelings by picking her friends and resistance over him. Not that she regretted doing so. She just regretted that she failed to realize he wouldnt understand her attachments to her friends. For all she knew, Kylo had no friends… And she clearly wasn't very good at being his…

She sighed and sat down on the beds nice and cool sheets, looking over at the lightsaber on the shelf beside her bed. She examined it and the notes surrounding the broken weapon for only a second before looking away to keep her mind off of it.

Right before she was about to pull the covers over herself she felt her mind start to fall into a sudden familiar trance. “No…” She spoke out loud and tried to block the force from invading her mind. However it wasn't just the usual force she was trying to keep out of her head. Kylos presence was strong and invading, like he was trying to connect. She closed her eyes to try and keep him out, hoping that if she didn't see him, he wouldn't be able to see and connect with her.

This plan failed however when Kylos voice echoed in her head. “Are you trying to block me out?” He questioned, his deep voice calm and steady. Her breathing hitched at the sound of the dark jedis voice. She felt anger kill her along with a few other mixed emotions. She finally opened her eyes, seeing him standing right infront of her.

He gazed down at her, searching her gaze and trying to read her deep emotions. It didn't take him long to pick up on her anger, which made him realise a drawn out breath. “It's me who should be angry,” He told her, which did not help all the emotions in the slightest. “I did nothing wrong,” She whispered back, standing up from the bed and looking straight at him.

“No?” He whispered back, taking the smallest step towards her as well, she moved around him so her back was facing him and they were a fair distance apart. “You attacked me, when I offered you everything… I’m sure that could never be wrong,” He continued sarcastically, staying where he was now facing away from her. She paused, opening her mouth to speak. She was searching for the right words to say in this whole mess.

“You offered for me to be a sith like you, Ben!” She yelled at him, clenching her fists up into a tight ball. He was silent for a few seconds, making her have to check back on him. She looked only to find the man had his head pivoted in her direction, conflict in his gaze. “If you are supposed to be mad, why aren't you?!” She then asked suddenly, leading to him looking away again.

He didn't answer her question. Instead he answered another question she never even brought up. “Lightsabers can work with a broken crystal. It will just be like mine…” He told her, causing her to become confused.

“Ben!” She complained, wanting the answer to the other question. She still received no answer to her question, and a few moments later the force bond slipped away, causing Kylo to disappear from her sight and mind. She sighed and looked over at the damaged crystal, recalling his words.

She grabbed the pieces of metal and gem, deciding the least she could do was try one more time before going to bed.