Chapter Four

Finn looked outside the cockpit window as the star destroyers began to split, leaving a path open for their ship. The group all exchanged looks. “What's happening?” Finn questioned.

“They are letting us through…” Poe muttered, regaining the ships controls. He looked just as confused as Finn by the situation. “I have no idea why they are doing so,” He admitted, watching the ships for a few seconds longer before flicking controls for light speed.

“Rey must have done it. She must have convinced him to let us go,” Leia said, narrowing her eyes. “Okay… then we should wait for her before we just go ahead with abandoning her?” Finn suggested, watching Poe prepare to leave. The pilot looked back at him for only a second before back at the controls, shaking his head. “She gave us the chance to escape, we have to take it. She had to of known the risks…” He objected to Finn.

“Something tells me Rey will survive this situation; she has a knack for doing so,” Leia told Finn, looking at the ships for a few more seconds before nodding to Poe and Chewy. With a few flicks of switches, the ship burst into lightspeed, leaving Rey to fend for herself.

~

Kylo watched the ship jump away at light speed, making him very pleased. Now Rey had no escape… She was stuck with him. He felt success, as if he had just won a long and hard battle.

Hux was glaring at him, displeased with his choice. “That was foolish and we will suffer later for your mistake…” The general growled, Kylo hardly sparring him a glance. “We have all we need…” He told him, walking right past him. “All you need…” Hux whispered under his breath, probably expecting it to be to quiet for Kylo to hear. However he heard what he said, but showed no sign of caring.

He walked back to where he left Rey, doors guarded and locked. He had already learned his lesson about doubting her abilities with jedi mind tricks. He learned not to doubt her about anything at this point. She was full of surprises and powers he didn't understand most of the time.

He unlocked the door and walked in, pleased to see her there, sitting with her back against the wall. She looked up at him, glaring intensely. He responded to the glare with a soft gaze. “There is no need for glaring… I let them go,” He told her, watching as she then looked away from him. “Why are you still mad at me?”

“Because you are keeping me a prisoner?” She suggested, still not meeting his gaze. “Not as a prisoner… but more of a guest…” He said, watching as she finally stood up. “Do you usually keep your guests handcuffed in a room?” She then asked, almost as if challenging him.

With a small wave of his hand, the handcuffs fell to the ground. He had the urge to at least try and make her happy. Which was odd, because usually he couldn't care less about someone else's emotions… but once again, this girl had a strange effect on him.

Rey watched as the handcuffs fell off her hands and onto the floor. She moved her hands in front of her, rubbing her wrists since they were sore from helplessly pulling at the metal. Her eyes instantly went to her lightsaber on Kylos belt, wondering if she could get away with stealing the weapon back.

He noticed her gaze was on the lightsaber. He pulled her attention away from it by talking. “Even if you were to defeat me, you would soon be defeated by the hundreds of clones on this ship,” He warned, Rey now looking at him again.

“Ben, we shouldn't have to fight like this! Snoke is dead! You can do whatever you want!” She tried to explain, once again trying to win him over with words. “Exactly! Whatever I want. I can rule the galaxy, you at my side… You just have to give in,” He replied, Rey shaking her head.

“Or just come home with me! Get rid of this corrupt empire!” She continued, starting to annoy him. He didn't plan on listening to that request. He had everything- almost everything he wanted in that moment. The last thing he wanted from her now, was her to finally accept his request. “You can't deny my request forever. You will stay here until you-” He was cut short as she suddenly reached out and grabbed his arm.

He was silent as he looked at her. “Don't do this. You should know by now how stubborn I can be,” She whispered, as if thinking that would be enough to make him change his mind or reconsider his approach on things. “And you know how stubborn I can be…” He said in return. He almost hesitated to pull away from her, but reassured himself it wasn't the last time he would feel her touch.

As he moved away, Rey watched him helplessly. “I'll check on you soon…” He said, leaving the chamber and locking it behind him. He made sure to have at least four guards at the entrance.