Chapter Seven

Rey came out of lightspeed, hovering above the base the rebels had built. She could see people below working and talking to each other. Soon many eyes were on her ship, trying to figure out whose it was.

As she drew closer to the base, Leia's presence filled her surroundings. It was calm and caring, always managing to make her feel at home no matter what the circumstances were.

She lowered herself on the landing platform, a crowd of people already forming and waiting to see who it was. Soon they were joined by Leia, who had a smile on her face. Running to her side was Poe and Finn, probably told by Leia that it was in fact her who had arrived.

As the ship came to a stop she quickly jumped up and raced to the entrance of the ship, opening the door to instantly be dragged into a hug by a roaring Chewbacca. She ended up laughing as her other friends joined in, creating a group hug.

She continued to laugh, despite how Kylos presence became clear to her. She paid no attention to their bond at all. “Chewy! I-I cant breath!” She laughed, the wookie soon loosening the bear hug that she was in. “How did you get out of that place?!” Finn questioned, looking at her with a huge smile. They let her go, eager to hear the story she had to share.

She looked around for a moment, just seeing if she could spot Kylo. He was a few meters away. His expression was a mix of jealousy and disgust. Perhaps he saw how the others had hugged and laughed with her…

“I pulled an old trick,” She chuckled, looking away from the dark Jedi and at her friends again. “I told you she would be alright,” Leia said with a smile, her eyes seemed to shine with pride. Rey took a small moment to process that look. Leia was proud of her?

“I've spent years without seeing a small glimpse of pride like that,” Scoffed Kylo, continuing to watch her like a hawk. “But thats just another thing that makes you so perfect and so full of light…” He whispered, his presence disappearing into nothing a moment after that sentence. Well now she knew he was certainly jealous.

“Come on, let's head inside. You can tell us all about it,” Poe said, the crowd who had gathered talking softly then getting back to their tasks. “I also have someone I want you to actually meet,” Finn added, his smile never leaving his face.

She nodded and the group made their was inside the base, Rey full of happiness to be safely at home with her friends. However, that one piece of perfect was chipped. It missed the piece of Ben Solo. With him it would be a perfect place.

She tried to push the part that longed for the mans return to the light aside. He was becoming hard to believe in… and perhaps she should give up on him soon… but not yet. She was too stubborn to give up so soon.

~

Kylo felt nothing but jealousy for what he had just witnessed. She had her own perfect life. She was so happy with what she had, it's no wonder why she didn't even think about choosing him over the perfect she already had.

He felt a little shaky as he thought about it. His mind whirling with thoughts of his past. Thoughts of old friends laughing with him and his mother… she used to be so proud of everything he did. When he was little, he used the force to pick up a rock and she acted like he had moved the sun. Both her and if around, his father...

He took a deep breath, hoping to control the emotions building up inside him. Greif, hurt, jealousy… Love… Snoke would have scolded and electrocuted him for the emotions he felt right now. The emotions he tried to hide and pretend they weren't there. He was trapped with them all the time. Connections like these with Rey were making it more difficult than ever to handle the feelings.

He was falling for her, wasn't he? God, did he want to be hurt even more?! This was clearly getting him nowhere, why did he have to be so stupid and let this girl fester and shine in his mind?! As his affections for her grew, so did the small spark of light. He didn't know if that was a bad or a good thing at this point.

“Kylo… We got the location of the ship,” Hux voice invaded his thoughts, making him lose focus on his deep thoughts. “Good,” He whispered, turning to the general. “Prepare the others. We will leave tomorrow… and this time we wipe out the rebels once and for all,” He told Hux.

The general smiled at his order, appearing glad to know they weren't going to have a repeat of what happened last time. “Of course, sir,” He said to Kylo, giving a small bow before walking away.

Kylo watched him go before turning and looking out into space again. She would choose him when she had no one else to go to… Apparently he had to be the only choice to be Rey's first pick. If that's what was needed to finally win her over to the darkness, then so be it…