Chapter Eight

Rose seemed like a real sweet girl, and boy was she enthusiastic to meet Rey. She was full of energy and questions for her. She would answer all the questions happily and it didn't take long for them to already become friends. Finn was right… she was really likeable.

She laughed with her friends in the bases finer living quarters for a long while until the question on what happened couldn't be avoided anymore. She hadn't said anything to anyone about what Kylo ren had said or planned to do… No one knows about his conflicted emotions regarding her…

“Rey? Did something bad happen? You've been changing subjects and avoiding the truth,” Leia finally spoke up about Reys obvious task of keeping them away from all that had happened in her sons ship.

Rey looked off to the side for a moment then back at Leia. “It's honestly a little confusing to even me?” She tried to explain, thinking of the strange way he had acted. He seemed to switch back and forth between emotions. And the way he had touched her face. She had no idea how to process the man's actions.  

“Well, tell us why he let everyone else go,” Poe insisted, looking eager to hear the story she had to share. This one was an easier question to try and explain to them anyway. “I told him about how Leia was still alive. Apparently he thought you were dead. I also had to beg a little, but it all ended well,” She quickly explained with a smile.

“We know your escape, but nothing in between,” Finn pointed out, wanting her to fill the gaps on the story. She still wasn't sure just how too though… Does she just straight up tell them Kylo was just desperate to have her be on the dark side with him…?

“He- Um- It's-its complicated,” She muttered, the others just looking confused now. Except Leia, she seemed almost understanding. She soon spoke her mind. “Yes, he has always been that way. It's not surprising if he said a few things you couldn't understand the meaning of,” She admitted, thinking about it.  

“I'll talk to you alone after,” She said to Liea, who just gave her a small nod in return. Rey was more relaxed knowing she had someone who semi-understood Kylo to talk to about this whole thing.

“He wasn't with me for quite some time, which is why I managed to make it all the way to the ship I stole,” She told them, Rose listening intently. “You were shot though, by a gun only generals have,” Rose pointed out, having noticed the burn on the side on her arm. “Was it general Hux?”

“Yes, I believe so…” Rey answered, realizing just how much that arm was hurting her right at this moment. “Maybe I should have it looked at,” She whispered to herself.

“I can have a look at it,” Leia said, apparently rushing to talk to her about this situation. Rey wasn't to surprised she was longing to know all the secrets about how Kylo acted.

“Well, we have other work to do before we go to bed anyway,” Poe admitted, standing up from the couch. Finn and Rose followed him as he walked towards the door. “Bye! It was nice meeting you!” Rose quickly called out to Rey. “It was nice meeting you too,” Rey said as the girl smiled then followed after the other two.

Once they were gone Leia spoke. “So… What exactly did he say to you?” She asked, standing up to walk to the other side of the room where one of the spare medkits was hanging on the wall.

“Well, he really wanted me to stay with him. He made that clear. He also seemed more…” She stopped to search for the right words to describe it. He wasn't exactly kinder… But he was… “I think he's getting a little better,” She helplessly explained.

“What makes you think that?” Leia then asked, sitting back down beside Rey and opening the medkit. “He let you go for one, and he was being patient with me no matter how many times I yelled at him. He even seemed to be… Affectionate?”