10

Sean's POV

The way she talks about it. I know that she is still scared.

She feels insecure about herself still, and I hope that I could help her to get over it. She doesn't suppose to feel that way, because she's perfectly imperfect in her own way. She's definitely perfect in my eyes. She's perfect for me.

I just keep on rewinding the day she got admitted to the hospital. The day I finally knew about the tragedy that she had to face in detail. My heart aches for it. She doesn't deserve that. Instead, she deserves all kinds of happy things in this world.

But this world just had to be cruel towards her.

After that day, I've been protective towards her. Not that I was not protective before, I've became more protective than I was before. I've became overprotective.

When I saw her standing alone in front of the entrance to the main hall, my blood boiled in anger. How can she be so careless? What if something happens? Something like 3 years ago. I stalked towards her. She seemed to be deep in thoughts. But when she noticed me, her thoughts vanished into thin air and she looked up at me.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me and looked at her surroundings. There she goes again feeling insecure.

"I'm taking you home." I stated. I know Charlie. He must have abandoned her for his own importance.

"Sure." She said after some time.

I took her to my car and drove off from school. I'm still a little bit mad at her for being too careless. Doesn't she know that she might get herself into trouble?

I noticed that she has been trying to tune in the radio for quite a moment, but didn't dare to, maybe because I kept this kind of look on my face. I tried to calm myself down. After I've settled in, I told her that she could tune the radio in if she wanted to. And she did.

Stitches by Shawn Mendes came on. I know she likes this guy so much. She's been crazy about him since middle school. He was just a viner then. Back then, I wondered why she was all excited over him. Like, all this guy did was singing for 6 seconds. What's so special about him?

And then it clicked. His name is Shawn. And mine is Sean. Maybe she likes him because of me. Because our names are a bit similar.

But when she brought that matter up, I was confused. She just realized it? I was kinda hurt.

After the whole karaoke session she did inside my car, we've finally arrived at our homes. Honestly I was glad. No, not because she has a terrible voice--well actually that, too--but it's because my heart couldn't stop beating the whole time we spent together during the drive.

Sigh. I wish I could make it up to her, for what Willy did last friday. He was such a bad dog, I had to chain him up inside the dog house. Thank goodness there were no severe injuries, only a little cut on her elbow and that's it. Gladly she fell onto the grass and not the pointy road.

Chess' POV

Today Sara and Nic are coming over to my house since the exams are coming real soon. We are going to study Physics.

Well, we will try to study.

I'm wearing shorts and a hoodie of Shawn. I'm too lazy to dress myself up. It's just them, after all. I was scrolling through Instagram when the door bell rang. I quickly got up from my bed and ran downstairs, but nah, Charlie has beat me up to it. After I've arrived, I saw that he is already messing around with Sara and Nic is just standing there, feeling awkward.

"Hey!" I greeted them.

They all looked at me, Sara and Nic gave me their warm smiles while Charlie just nodded at me, saying "sup". After that he went out, being the social guy that he is. I invited them in--well I invited Nic in, Sara just walked pass me and already made herself comfortable on the sofa.

"Okay. Sooo are we really gonna study?" Sara asked. Honestly I don't know.

"Of course. If I fail again, my dad will definitely kill me." Nic said. Nic has never been good at Physics, though he is good in other subjects. Physics just isn't his thing. Same bro.

We were talking about our most hated subjects when suddenly the door bell rang again.

"Just a moment." I told them and went to the door. I opened it to reveal the most handsome dude on earth. "Hey." I greeted him.

"Hi, uh, I was just wondering, there is an unfamiliar car outside.. Whose is it?"

"Oh, that red car? It is Nic's."

"Oh okay then. I'm coming in."

And before I could say anything, Sean has already got himself into the house. He looks like he's searching for something, I don't know what is it, but that thing sure makes him lost his mind. He clenched his fists and they are now turning white. He made his way to the kitchen while I followed silently behind him, and that was when we saw two freakin robberies inside of my freakin house. And one of them was holding onto my peanut butter.

"DON'T TOUCH IT." I warned them, almost calmly. Nic raised his hands to the air in surrender, and clank! He successfully ruined my peanut butter.

Sara and Nic looked at the broken glasses with their mouth wide open. Sean's eyes rounded, his eyeballs might come out soon.

I looked at them bored and crossed my arms onto my chest.

"Well, congrats to you." I said sarcastically.

"N-no, Chess! S-she..." Nic pointed his index finger to Sara. Sara's eyes grew bigger at his action, and she looked over to me, "I-I didn't d-do anything!" She stuttered defensively while shaking her head and waving her hands vigorously. In the corner of my eyes I could see Sean smirking at them, as if telling them "serve you right". I gave him a death glare and he noticed it, quickly tore his smirk off from his face.

No one touches my precious food and they know it.

***

Hey so I decided to do another chapter since it's weekend. I could take a day off for some rest right? Anyways do me a favour and please respond on what you think of this chapter and this whole story. Love you!

Until next time! Xo