14

"OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED!!" Sara exclaimed happily as she goes through my closet.

"Well, I'm not." I muttered.

I can't believe she forces me to do this. I have never been to a party before and I was intending to never go to any at all. But then here's Sara, searching a dress for me to wear at the party tonight.

She turned to face me, "Oh, come on. You know this might be your chance to overcome you trauma, right?"

"Might be." I said as I let out a breath. She sighed and turned back around to continue looking for a suitable dress. She ended up with 3 different kind of dresses and laid them on my queen sized bed. One is too glittery which is not my thing, I wonder where I got that dress. One's colour is too bright, which doesn't suit with my current mood, so it is a no go. The last one is a simple yet beautiful dress. It is not that flashy but not that plain either. It's just perfect.

"This one." I pointed at the dress.

Sara clapped her hands together in approval. "You made the right choice!" She took the other two dresses and put them back in my closet. "Now let's doll you up." She said with an evil smirk, rubbing her palms together as if she is planning something bad.

My eyes went wide and my mouth hung open. "Y-You're joking."

"Oh! Unfortunately, I am not."

I started to back away from her while she slowly took steps towards me, her face still with that evil smirk.

"STAY AWAY YOU WITCH!!!"
___

"Phew. All done." Sara said as she wiped off her imaginary sweat from her forehead. She stared down at her own artwork and a look of satisfaction crossed her face.

Surprisingly, I love the artwork. "I might say, you've done your job well."

"Well, I learned from mama." Mama, as in Sara's mother, is a makeup artist. She, of course, has taught Sara every single detail about makeups, so it is no wonder why Sara is so good at it.

"You look stunning."

"Thanks to you. And you also look gorgeous yourself." I gave her a wink. We giggled to ourselves when suddenly a sound of notification echoed through the room. It is mine. I reached out for my phone which is on the bed, to see a message from Sean. I opened the message.

The Nuisance: you ready?

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is he asking? Does he intend to give us a lift?

Me: absolutely. Are you going to give us a ride?

The Nuisance: well, if you want to.

I looked up at Sara who is checking herself out in front of the full body length mirror. "Sara, Sean is asking if we want a lift."

She looked at me through the mirror. "Actually that would be nice." She said with a smile. I gave her a slight nod and immediately replied to Sean's message.

Me: sure, why not.

The Nuisance: okay. I'm ready when you are.

Me: just a second, we'll be right there.

I stood up and grabbed my purse. I looked at Sara and instantly rolled my eyes. She is still checking herself out. I called out to her, and after my fifth attempt, she finally heard me.

"What,"

"Let's go."
___

I can't seem to hide my now pinkish face. Sean is currently laying on his black SUV while playing with his phone. He still hasn't noticed us yet. His outfit makes my mind goes blank. He is just wearing a simple piece of clothing but it still manages to make my heart pounds like crazy. As he is playing with his phone still, I will just take this chance to admi--

"Sean!!!!" Sara called out to him.

Facepalm. He looked up at us and it seems like he couldn't believe his eyes. He's roaming his eyes up and down my body which made me somewhat uncomfortable, caused me to shift a little bit.

After what felt like forever, Sara cleared her throat to get attention from us. "So? How does she look?" She asked him, nodding her head at me.

Sean opened his mouth but then closed it. He repeated the same action several times which caused him look like a fish. Finally, he found his words, "B-Beautiful.."

My face redden up. I didn't know he would be that straightforward.

But wait, maybe he is just trying to not make me feel self-conscious. Yeah. That must be it.

He cleared his throat, making me got out from my own world. "Well, shall we go?"
___

Boring.

That is the only word which could describe the whole situation right now.

I have been sitting here for 2 freakin hours! Ehm, almost. Sara went dancing--at least that was what she told me earlier--and now I'm all alone! Sean went to his guy friends, also leaving me alone. Well, except I couldn't blame him like I do to Sara because this is their party. So of course they have to enjoy themselves.

Though Sean didn't want to leave me earlier. But I assured him that I would be fine, and plus I told him that Sara would be here with me. He didn't seem too convinced at first and that was what made me lose my patience. What did I do? I pushed him into the crowds.

And I'm regretting my choice right now because 5 minutes after he's gone, Sara went off to 'dance'. Like, who the hell dance for almost 2 fudging hours?! This girl is really--that's it. I'm going to cut all of my bonds with her. She can just fudge off.

I don't see any signs of Nic since earlier when I entered the room, so I'm assuming that he does not come. Maybe he thought that I wouldn't be coming, so that's why he is also not present. I forgot to tell him that I was coming due to my stress since I was forced to come here by Sara.

And when I did come, she leaves me. You're doing great, Sara honey. Note the sarcasm.

I suddenly felt tensed when I sensed someone's presence behind the couch which I am sitting at. And my body flinched when their cold hand landed on my shoulder. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the worse to come.

"Why are you sitting here alone, babe?" They asked with their husky voice. And because of that voice, I could easily tell that they are a guy. I shrugged my shoulder to remove his hand from it and was almost immediately welcomed by his fanning breath on my neck instead.

That's when I snapped. I punched the guy on his face, hard. I swear I could hear his nose's bones breaking before he collapsed onto the ground. I looked around me, people are staring. Then I looked at the poor guy. His nose is bleeding and he is groaning from the pain I caused. All of those self-defences which I started to learn after that horrible incident is totally worth it.

Okay. I literally don't have any idea of what to do right now. People are staring and this guy is in pain because of me. What do I do?

Of course, I did what normal people would definitely do.

I ran away.

***

Do you miss Nic?
I miss him.

Until next time! Xo