Making new friends

"I guessed it right. I knew it was your startup business" smiled Kashvi.

"Yeah my MBA was over so I decided to start my own thing. I love food but I wanted to make this place very unique. I hope one day I shall expand this place with loads of branches all over the city" admitted Advait.

"Your concept is unique and the place is cozy. Besides the food is reasonably priced" Kashvi Complimented.

Advait smiled (it was very rare to see him smiling) and went back to his work.

7 days after her exam, Kashvi returned to her new favourite place. It was evening and she had ordered Cinnamon tea and cheese maggie. While she was happily busy enjoying the taste of food, she spotted Advait sitting on the opposite table. Being a friendly soul, she invited him to sit next to her which he hesitantly agreed.

She realised that Advait was shy and reserved. Though he was very handsome with the cutest dimples, he had a very reserved personality. He would seldom speak except greeting his customers and often ensure smooth functioning of the cafe. It seemed that many female customers just came to see him.

In the contrast, Meet, the second owner was very outgoing and equally handsome. Kashvi found out that they both were brothers and Advait was 2 years elder. Hetvi had a huge crush on Meet due to his extrovert personality.

She opened the book "And Then There Was None" by Agatha Christie which she had not read fully during her previous visit. To her surprise, she found a voucher which allowed a free cup of ginger tea to anyone who redeems it. Beneath it, it was written in pencil "from Tealover to Maggielover"

Kashvi happily went to the desk and got her voucher redeemed. She saw Meet from the corner of her eyes and he was smiling at her. She shrugged and went ahead to enjoy her tea.

She scribbled a thank you on a Post It Note and pasted it inside the book. She hoped that tealover would accept her thanks. Then an idea struck her.

She went to the counter. Advait was sitting in the place of cashier who was not present that day.

"Can I buy a coupon? Or voucher? I want to gift a free Maggie to someone" she murmured. She kept her voice low because she didn't want Meet to hear about it. She knew that if Meet would come to know about it, he would call up Hetvi and tell her. And Hetvi would tease her mercilessly about her unknown crush.

A look of amusement came to Advait's face which he quickly hid. "You can directly give treat to Hetvi you know" he suggested.

"Ummm it's not for Hetvi. It's for a friend" she lied, almost blushing. "I want him to try your place"

"Then we are always ready for an opportunity to get a new customer" boomed Meet from behind.

Those days Meet and Advait had became her good friends because she and Hetvi were turning out to be regular customers.

Kashvi didn't react to his comment and paid for the voucher and quickly shoved it inside the book once she was sure that no one was looking.

She lifted her purse and exited out of the cafe. As she closed the glass door of the cafe, she found Meet was laughing while looking at her as if he was teasing her. Advait had his usual serious expressions. He looked at her and then at Meet and pushed his annoying laughing brother from the chair so he ended up falling on the floor.

He went back to work after Kashvi mouthed him a Thank You.