Chapter 1.

(Sam's P.O.V.)
I woke up with my body screaming in agony. It happened again last night. He beat me unconscious. All I remember was the way his face looked as he inflicted every punch, kick, and whip. Then finally, when he used the knives and broken glass to cut my skin open. I could feel every bruise and cut on my skin with the slightest movement made. I looked down at my skin, and I could see all of the marks on me because I was only standing in my bra and underwear.

I remember after the first hour of being beaten I zoned out. I felt numb. I had gotten to used to this in the last fourteen years of it happening that nothing he did to me anymore surprised me.

Looking at my surroundings, I noticed that the sun was starting to appear behind the trees of the forest that surrounded my house. I looked at the clock on the wall and it said that the time was 6:30am. Today was my first day back of my last year in high school.

I listened closely to see if the beast was asleep or not. When I heard his snores, I made my way up the stairs and to my room and through to the bathroom to see what I could do to cover the marks and clean and bandage the cuts. I noticed my face in the mirror and look at my forest green eyes and my brown wavy waist length hair. I also noticed that my face  had no marks that I would have to cover up. Which was good in a way because then I wouldn't have to cover my face and no one would know what happens behind closed doors.

After I had finished in the bathroom, I selected my outfit for the day which consisted of a pair of blue skinny jeans, a black tank top and my black hoodie. I collect my belongings for school and walked quietly out of my room, down the stairs and out the door. I didn't bother to collect food because I knew that I wouldn't be up for eating anyway. And so I started on my 20 minute walk to hell #2, kidding I mean school.

As I walked through the doors of the building, I immediately felt people's eyes on me. I tried to blend in but it was no use, I was the need and they were the popular. They made my life a living hell here as I was bullied for being to ugly, always in baggy clothes and that I should kill myself so no one would have to put up with me anymore as I was just a waste of space.