Chapter 9.

(Sam's P.O.V.)

Waking up I looked around my surroundings. I was still in the basement, the chains had been taken off me though. I struggle to move because every movement I make cause pain to shoot throughout my whole body. I look outside through the small window and see that it is still dark. I crawl my way upstairs and by chance the door is unlocked. I slowly make my way into the kitchen to see the time being 5:00 am. I then slowly make my way up to my room and into the bathroom and was away all the blood, dirt, grim and bodily fluids form the basement floor. The pain in my body is still present with every movement I make and take.

It causes me so much pain when trying wash my body. When I have successfully had my shower, I grabbed the first aid box and did my best with covering up the cuts. Once this was completed I got dressed in my black skinny jeans, army boots and a baggy jumper. Deciding to forgo the singlet as it would rub against the bruises and cuts that covered my stomach and back.

I made my way downstairs and made breakfast for my father and left for school. Taking with me an apple hoping that I am able to eat it today.

As I walked into school, I happened to notice the bad boys staring at me from across the hallway. I try to ignore them but their stairs are getting to me, causing my anxiety to spike. Which didn't help with the pain I was constantly in due to every moment made. Stupid fucking males. As I was just about to walk into my first class I was shoved into the wall by some jock. Fuck, my back screamed in pain as tears threatened to spill.

I walked into the classroom quickly as sat down at the back at my desk in hopes to calm the pain surging throughout my body.

(Axel's P.O.V.)

The boys and I were waiting near first period's classroom when we saw her walking down the hallway. She kept her head down as she walked, but the times when she raised her head I saw that she was in pain as the emotion kept flickering across her every few seconds.

As she was almost through the door, Josh one of the guys on the football team shoved her into the wall. Pain filled her face as she kept back tears. She quickly ran into the classroom. Not wanting to blow our reputations just yet we let it happen and let him walk off because we didn't want to cause a scene if nothing was gonna happen.

(Time Skip To After School)

Aiden, Chase, Levi and I were waiting in the shadows near the front gate, just watching and waiting for her to walk out so we could follow her and see what happens to her at home. Once we saw her leave the grounds, we stayed back far enough to see where she is heading. We followed her for about half an hour until she walked into a broken looking house. Her house was had yard that separated her from her neighbours.

Around an hour later a car drove up the driveway. A man around his late thirties, early forties hoped out. He walked through the front door and slammed it shut so hard he made the door rattle. Ten minutes later he started yelling about something incoherent. The yelling had stopped for now. Then, we heard an ear piercing scream and as we moved closer to the house, we heard a few loud thuds of what sounded to be either something or someone being thrown down what had to have been stairs.

As we hid in the bushes and waited for any more noise, a very loud scream erupted from the house and it sounded like a girl that screamed. There was more yelling and then the lights started flickering and the screaming started up again and wouldn't stop until the light had stop flickering I noticed. This had been going on for about ten minutes. I looked toward the boys and saw an emotion that flickered through their eyes that I couldn't pin point.

"Guys, we have to go in there. We have to stop whatever is happening in there."

We all agreed and made a plan. Levi and I went around the front as Chase and Aiden went around the back. Walking up to the front we were quiet and barely made a sound even when trying to see if the door was locked or not which luckily for us the door was unlocked. We made our entrance and left the door open in case we needed to make a quick get a way.

As we made our way through the house we saw the other boys had come in as well. We were nearing the kitchen when we heard someone begging for someone not to do something and then screaming again until there was no sound. The noise was coming from the basement the door was open and it gave us the perfect view to see what was happening down there.

I wasn't prepared for what I saw next though.