Chapter 12 | Destiny

After the party had ended while both me and Miku were asleep, I had woke up early since I was in a bit uncomfortable position. I looked at the clock and it read 5:28, I wasn't really feeling sleepy anymore and plus, I have to clean up the mess they made. I got up and did some stretching.

  I took off my suit's blazer and put it on top of the chair's headrest. I went down to the living room and saw Luka and Rin cleaning up, They became a bit rattled when they saw me, but they eventually calm down "Jeez, that's the second time I got scared" Luka complained as Rin giggled, I guess Rin scared her "Morning to you both" I greeted them both as I went to the kitchen to brew the 3 of us coffee. I know for a fact they're still drowsy so a cup of coffee should wake them up.

  Since I don't know their preferences I decided to ask them "Hey Rin, Luka what kind of coffee do you both want?"

"Anything would do" Both of them said in unison as they continued cleaning, I just shrugged my shoulder as I brewed a cup of espresso since it was quite easy and I don't have the luxury to brew a cup of mocha or something.

  As I finished brewing the last cup, I put them all on a tray with a colander underneath each and every cup of course. I put the tray on the center table and had picked up a random cup of coffee and took a sip. It was certainly making me awake, I could feel the caffeine flowing throughout my body. I decided to just zip it and drank the whole cup in one go, shocking both Rin and Luka.

  I put down the cup and I feel alive! I quickly rolled up my sleeves and arranged anything that seemed out of order, The things that were quite out of place, I just simply put them in a suitable place for them to stand. I quickly dusted every trash on the floor and put them on a trash can, With haste, I made sure to wipe the window clean making it sparkling clean and as a bonus squeaky.

  Rin and Luka just watched in astonishment as I zipped throughout the hallway cleaning the pool area and every room in the house even those tight little corners.

  "I think (Y/N)-san put too much coffee into his cup"

  I continued to clean the entire with the help of Luka and Rin, of course, It took us about 1 hour and 40 minutes to finish cleaning the entire house except for the dishes "Rin, Luka I'll take care of the dishes, you both can go ahead and rest" Rin and Luka nodded in response and collapsed on the couch, The both of them had a conversation which I didn't want to listen since it was about their career and where their life is going now. Though I did eavesdrop a little since I couldn't help it, They were talking about how Miku went through that horrible event and how It would affect her, but one thing caught me off guard "I wonder what will be the reaction of Miku's fiance" After hearing that I had accidentally dropped a plate onto the ground. Rin and Luka looked at me "Is everything okay (Y/N)-san?" Luka called me out with a hint of concern in her voice "Yep! the plate just slipped" I responded as I cursed myself for dropping a plate 'Great I broke a plate, Miku might be awake I have to go check on her'  I thought to myself as I cleaned up the broken pieces of the plate and sweep the floor making sure no tiny fragments of the plate were scattered throughout the floor.

  After cleaning it up, I quickly left the half-finished dishes and went up to check on Miku. As I went towards her room I can't help, but get bothered by Miku having a fiance... I don't even know why I'm like this, It's not like I have a crush on Miku......Right?

  As I approached her door, I saw Miku sitting on her bed all curled up, I could hear sobs from her "Miku?" I called her out, but it looks like she didn't hear me. I slowly approached her and softly sat down beside her, She didn't react so I guess she doesn't notice me "Miku" I slowly tapped her shoulder, but in response, she flinched and looked at me terrified "STAY AWAY!" She screamed at me and quickly backed away from me. I have never seen her this vulnerable...