chapter 6 : New chapter

Five months later

"Kendra, hurry up" shouted Keith. "or you're gonna be late for school". Shouted Lisa. "I'm coming, I gotta say good bye to Holden" I hollered back. Holden is the only son of Keith and Lisa greene. I'm sure you're all wondering how I ended up here but well it isn't as complicated as it seems.

The train stop was at Florida, miami, I got down walked a few miles and found a good shady spot to rest. I slept off and got woken up by someone accidentally sitting on me and I jumped back when he shouted.

"Hey!!!, what's your problem? Why didn't you look before you sat down?" I shouted but he only dropped his head before saying. "I'm not exactly best with vision" while looking right past me, then I realized he was actually blind.

"I'm sorry, next time scream like 'i'm bout to sit here. Any loser better butt off while he still got the chance' I said teasingly and he laughed. I'm glad he did. "I'm Holden, this is actually part of my parents property, no one ever sits here so I wasn't expecting anyone, sorry".he replied me.

"Oh, well I'll just leave now, sorry to bother but it was nice meeting you" I said with a smile although he couldn't see it. "What? Hell nah... you have to come in and have lunch with us. Please I insist. You're not gonna decline a blind guys offer are you? It might bring years of bad luck". He joked

"Oh please, stop with the black mail, I'll come with you" I replied and we both laughed. "Oh and by the way my name's kendra" I said. "Ugly ass name" he said with a teasing smile on his face and I realized I just made my first friend.

"Hey mum? dad? This is my friend if it can be called me that kendra" long story short. I loved his family, told them my story. They didn't let me leave rather they took me in as their own daughter and loved me from this five months of my being and I can never be more grateful to them for all they've done for me.

#knock knock# I did as I stood at Holden's door and I heard a faint come in from the other side. Pushing open the door I saw him on his bed with a suitcase and the fact that he can be so dependent on himself this much still surprises me till today.

"Hi" I said lowly while sitting on his bed. "Hey sis, what's up" he replied with a much lower tune and I couldn't help but burst into tears "I'm gonna miss you so much" i said before running into his open arms. Everything felt safer in his arms. The best big brother I never had. "Hey now, it's only art school. Just four years and I'll be back for the holidays too" he said in attempts to cheer me up, so I wiped my tears and held onto him a little longer. In this short while he became everything to me. For someone with no sight he saw things clearer than anyone else would. He's my best friend and now brother and seeing him leave just tears me to bits.

"Okay, I'm sorry for crying. I'll stop now." I said wiping my tears completely. "I love you so much sis". "I love you too holdy" I replied him. "By the time I get back please go get yourself a boyfriend, don't be a creep" he said with a grin on his face "jerk face" I said finally before getting up to leave but he called me back with his hands stretched out holding a neck chain with the letter H on it. His lucky chain.

Then he shyly said "can you give this to Aj for me" I looked at him with a huge smile on my face but I didn't tease him knowing he's already nervous as he could 've right now. "I promise I will, bye holdy" I said before leaving his room. Without wanting to, my mind flew back to Tyler at the mention of boyfriend. Its been five months but I still can't seem to let him go.

Honestly, he only did what he did to protect me, he saved me cause he cared. He didn't think of the consequence. But all the same I left and I'll just have to leave him behind. He's only a memory of the past. Nothing more nothing less. And with that out of the way I ran downstairs to get breakfast and head to school. "Bye Lisa, bye Keith" I hollered before rushing out the door.