CHAPTER 2

The old brown trees and the bright green fields was the only thing Natalia could see for miles as she and Klaus drove through the small state of Virginia and in the even smaller town called Mystic Falls

The old brown trees and the bright green fields was the only thing Natalia could see for miles as she and Klaus drove through the small state of Virginia and in the even smaller town called Mystic Falls. Natalia had already decided that she hated the town with only being here for twenty minutes. It was dull and boring compared to the culture and excitement her home in Lenno had. There was nothing here that even piqued a little bit of her interest. It was just too plain for Natalia's taste.

Natalia tapped her dark red fingernails against the door of the black SUV that Klaus had compelled from a man at the small Virginia airport. She glanced over at her brother and broke the silence as she questioned, "where is the bar in this God forsaken town?" If she was going to stay here and help Klaus, then she either needed lots of alcohol or a couple dozen humans to use as blood bags to keep her entertained in the boring town until the sacrifice was completed and she could go back to Italy.

Klaus didn't even bother looking over at his sister as he focused on driving while he told the female original in a bored tone, "we don't have time for you to go drinking all the alcohol in town, Natalia. We have to meet up with my witches."

A pout grew onto Natalia's plump lips as her brother denied her of having a good time before she begged sweetly, "please, Nik. Just one drink." She then fully turned her body, so her left knee was resting on the middle console and faced her brother as a thought suddenly popped into her head. "It's not like anyone knows what you look like in this town, right?" Natalia wondered with a twitch of her perfectly done right eyebrow.

Klaus finally looked over at his sister with a quick glance along with a large smirk as he told her, "actually, there is. I got word from my connections that your other half is in this very town."

Natalia's blue eyes instantly widened in shock. "Elijah?" She questioned in disbelief. Natalia couldn't believe her twin brother was still getting involved with all this doppelganger mess. But most of all, Natalia didn't understand why Elijah never mentioned to her that he was planning on finding the doppelganger when she had spoken to him less than a month ago. It didn't make sense as there had never been a time when the Mikaelson twins didn't know what was going on with the other.

Klaus nodded his head before he explained with annoyance ringing throughout his voice, "our dear brother seems to be planning something and every time I send a vampire to get information, they always come back being compelled." Klaus then looked over at his older sister and wondered, "you wouldn't know anything about that now would you, love?"

Natalia shook her head with furrowed brows as she responded, "no, of course not, Nik. I didn't even know there was a new human doppelganger." She folded her arms over her chest with the same annoyance Klaus had as she continued, "the last time I heard from Elijah was in June and he said he was heading to Spain for a couple of months."

Natalia was confused and angered that Elijah didn't tell her anything when it had to do with the curse that she and her siblings have spent centuries trying to break. If Natalia had to guess, it must have to do with the fact that she has always been closer to Klaus, despite not being her twin, and if she did know about the doppelganger and Elijah's unknown plan, then she would have told Klaus without a second thought. No matter how much Natalia and Klaus fight and have their problems, Natalia will always try to help him become the true hybrid he has always dreamed of becoming.