Chapter 7

Two weeks and three days later.

     It was Braeden's funeral.

     Dylan, Cole, Danny, and Paige participated in carrying the coffin along with some of Braeden's family. The walk down to the dug up hole was a long one, their eyes were black from the lack of sleep, the lack of understanding and the lack of time spent not crying. Their lips were white and chapped, their cheeks were beaten red, and their chest was still full of the same pain they felt that night.

     An hour of talking and twenty minutes of sobbing, and everyone was gone, leaving Paige alone with Braeden's coffin under her feet and his tombstone in her sight reading, 'Braeden Lemasters 1996-2018: When Nothing Makes Sense, That's When You Know'. Paige shook her head, her index finger coming up to wipe a tear away.

     She got close to the tombstone– roses and tulips filled the hallowed ground. She breathed and shut her eyes, her hand coming with contact with an empty spot near the headstone. She placed one hand on the stone, her knees coming in contact with the dirt before it.

     A smile formed on her lips as she brought a red rose up to her lips, planting a simple kiss on it. She placed it down, shut her eyes and whispered, "I love you too, Braeden. I always have, and I always will."