Chapter Thirteen

I wake up on the table, the leather restraints holding me firmly in place

I turn to Wil and state, "It didn't work. Again."

Wil curses and runs a hand through his brown hair, making it stick out in every direction even more than usual.

Rolling my eyes, I ignore Wil's many curses as he undoes the thick straps holding me down. He knows how much I hate the straps. They remind me of the strap that Mother uses on me often.

Wil is too busy muttering to himself to want to talk to me, so I sit up and head to the bathroom where I shower get changed into fresh clothes that haven't been worn for a while twenty-four hours. Gross.

Emerging from the bathroom, I see Wil has calmed down significantly.

"I thought for sure it would work this time..." Wil murmurs sadly.

I reply bluntly, "Well it didn't."

He shoots me a wounded look.

"When did she show up this time? Walk me through the events."

I sigh before telling him, "When the drug began, I started with my normal dreams, same as usual, and then I woke up. I got into a shouting match with my mind, which I won, by the way. After feeling great from winning the shouting match, I headed to the training center, what fun, and then saw her in the hall. It didn't register that it wasn't real until we were in the dungeon to kill some of the boys. They told me she wasn't real, and I knew the truth. So I killed them all to satisfy Kayli."

Wil swallows and nods, before turning away.

Kayli was Wil's biological sister, but she was my sister and best friend at heart. We meant the world to each other. We were thick as thieves. We were the best of friends. We agreed to be honorary sisters. We had the best time together.

Until she was, quite literally, butchered right in front of me.

Wil is trying to perfect the JH-13, but every time the drug brings up someone who means, or meant, the world to you and distorts their personality and turns them into a monster. I personally think the drug is fine and that Wil should just use it for torture. Wil does not agree. He insists that, because you can figure out that you are not in reality, the drug is not completed.

Wil rushes to his desk to start scribbling down formulas and ideas on several different sheets of paper.

Taking this as my cue to leave, I head out of his office and down to the dungeon. Maybe it is ridiculous, but I need a bit of reassurance that my boys are still alive.

Silent as a ghost, I slip through the hallways and make my way to the West dungeon where I silently enter and close all the cell doors except Owen's. I can't handle looking at all of them, but, maybe, I will be able to carry a conversation with them if it is one on one.

I walk over to his cell right by the table. I turn the chair around and sit down gently, sitting up perfectly straight and forcing a perfect smile on my disfigured face.

"Hello, Sang," Owen greets me. A small tick in his jaw shows me that he does not like using my name. I wonder if he knows that there is a chance that it isn't even my real name.

"Hello, Owen," I return pleasantly. The tick in his jaw returns. Maybe he just doesn't like names. It maybe it is the word hello. Next time I'll have to remember and test his reaction to something else. Perhaps he prefers slang. I could say, 'Yo, Owen.' Maybe that would make him more at ease...

"Why are you wanting to speak with me, and me only?" Owen coolly asks.

I maintain my smile and reply, "I have decided that now would be the time to converse with you all, but I don't think I could handle all of you at once. At least not until we know each other better."

And you idiots stop with shouting, demands, and questions whenever you see me, I add in my mind.

Owen studies me before giving me a small nod.

"And when do you intend on releasing us?"

I furrow my brow.

"Like killing you?"

"No. When will be allowed to return to our homes, our families, our lives?"

Why would they want to do that?

I'd leave my home, family, and life in an instant, if given the chance.

"I'm still not following..."

Owen blinks his slowly, his intense wolf grey eyes captivating my attention.

"You can't expect someone to live here forever," He challenges.

"Why not?" I challenge back. "I've been here since I was taken from my dead mother and only leave to kill people. I am to live here my entire life, unless Father decides to sell me off."

Owen's eyes widen ever so slightly.

"Well, I suppose we shall have to change your mind," Owen states firmly, resolve evident in his icy eyes.

I smile, almost for real this time.

"Try as hard as you wish, but I am a prisoner just the same as you are. I merely have a prettier position than you," I say, but even that is not wholly true. These boys have never been tortured during their stay here at Tower Gothel.

"Well, perhaps we could get to know each other a bit better," Owen suggests .

I raise an eyebrow, "And how do you suggest we do that?"

I really don't know, I don't have many friends, especially not close ones.

"I'll ask you a question, you answer and then get to ask your own question," Owen explains.

I shrug, "Deal. We each get three questions before I move on."

He nods, but I am not finished.

"But, it is up to you guys to make sure and not double up on questions. Begin," I say with a wide grin.

⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪

I'm sorry! I was going to update sooner, but I got hit by a bus. Just kidding, that's too Regina George. I got the device taken away that I write on, this is borrowed time. This chapter would have been way longer, but I thought you guys might want some assurance that the boys are still alive so I cut it short...

The first chapter of Winter's Warrior is up now, so check it out!

JadeQueen100