Kermit the Frog

I have no idea why I'm here

I have no idea why I'm here. Actually let me rephrase that, I know exactly why I'm here I just don't know who in their right mind would think it was a good idea for me to be here. Then again my mother isn't exactly in her right mind.

See a couple weeks ago my aunt Claudia Stilinski died of dementia, I'm not really sure about the specifics seeing as I didn't even know she suffered from it in the first place. My mom was Claudia's older sister and conveniently decided to run off with one of her boyfriends and leave me here with Claudia's husband and her son who I haven't seen in years. I'm not even biologically related to Noah and last time I saw Stiles he couldn't even walk. My mom told me she was doing this to help them because Noah had developed a drinking problem and Stiles needed a female figure in his life when in reality she just didn't want to bother leaving me money for food while she was gone.

Those were the thoughts running through my head as Noah drove down the boring streets of Beacon Hills towards his house. When we got there I could see that aunt Claudia had been living a luxurious life compared to us. Her house was modest but well kept and still spacious as compared to the beat up trailer home I live in. "I've been working a lot and been busy preparing her f—funeral. So, you won't see me around much. You don't mind looking after Stiles do you?" Noah sighed as he rolled to a stop in front of his drive way. His voice cracked on the word funeral and I can only imagine how hard this was on him. My mother said she always envied my aunt because she married someone that treated her like a queen.

I only nodded also looking out towards the house. "Yeah, if you need my help with anything let me know." I told him turning to face him.

Noah gave me a weak and tired smile. "There's not much to know about Beacon Hills or the house. Stay out of the woods at night, you can't hit Stiles, no drugs, parties, or boys." He told me the breif run down. "Am I missing anything?"

I cracked a smile. "Curfew?"

"Right ah, just get home." He told me. "I've never had to deal with a teenager before." He said getting out of the car and helping get my bags out.

"Don't worry." I shrugged fixing my purple knit beanie and pulling down the sleeves of my army jacket. "I don't do much and I don't like people."

"That's what I like to hear." Noah encouraged with his ever present undertone of sarcasm and went to open the house door. We went up to my room to leave my things. It was the size of my old living room and was painted white with a black desk, black bookshelf, and black bedside table. "You can paint it if you want just don't draw a-"

"Who is she?" A quiet yet annoyed voice asked. I turned around to see a little boy that looked about six. He was very short and scrawny and he held himself limply but his face was extreamly cute. His cheekbones stood out against his slim pale face with moles and freckles littering over it, his eyebrows were frowed and long black feathery lashes framed his huge whiskey coloured eyes. His hair was messily sprawled all over his head and a black and blue pair of glasses sat perched on his nose. He was wearing a fire truck shirt and blue baggy jeans along with a backpack that was carelessly tossed over on of his shoulders.

"I'm Claudia." I told him monotonously trying to keep the distaste out of my voice. I don't like people, and I really hate kids.

"I don't want her here." Stiles said looking past me and straight at his dad. Stiles' big eyes had watered slightly and Noah closed his, letting out a sigh before answering.

Another thing to add to the list of why me being here is a bad idea, I was named after the kid's dead mom. "Claudia's your cousin and she has to stay here."

"Why, doesn't she have her own parents to bother?" Stiles squinted at me as intimidatingly as a kid that small could manage.

"Not at the moment kid." I said rolling my eyes. "He's a little ray of sunshine isn't he?" I asked sarcastically.

Noah looked between us in thought before he sighed, not wanting to deal with this right now. "Sarcasm runs in the family." He said to no one in particular before beginning to walk out the door. "I have paperwork to do at the station, if you need anything my number's on the fridge."

"Or I can just call 911." I said to myself giving a sarcastic smile before realizing Stiles was still here.

He looked at me disaprovingly. "I give you three weeks before you end up in Echo House." With that he turned on his heels and left to a room down the corridor from mine.

----

After a few hours of unpacking and playing my music softly through my portable speaker I was painting my toe nails a hideous bright green colour when Stiles decided to grace me with his presence again.

"What's that horrible sound?" He asked standing in my open door way scrunching his nose up.

"It's Blink 182 have some respect for the kings." I said not bothering looking up from my nails.

"Are you trying to chanel your inner kermit the frog with that nail polish?" Stiles sassed trying to get my attention.

"No but I might just chanel my inner Freddy Krueger if you keep annoying me."

"I want food." He told me going to lay on the hard wooden floor calmly. This kid is something else.

"There's a fridge down stairs."

Stiles frowned looking at me from his spot on the floor. "My mom doesn't let me use the stove or knives. I-I mean she didn't." He finished sadly he turned away from me but I could see he was wipping his eyes.

I closed my eyes trying to think of a way to make him stop crying. "Put your shoes on." I said standing up and carefully putting on flip flops. He cocked his head to the side in confusion. "Do you want food or not?" I asked impatiently. He nodded and quickly ran to his room to put his shoes on.