Nachos

"You're delusional if you think I'm going to watch a bunch of tin cans talk to each other in the park, while getting eaten by mosquitos

"You're delusional if you think I'm going to watch a bunch of tin cans talk to each other in the park, while getting eaten by mosquitos." Stiles glared at me from where he was standing on the base of the staircase.

It was the first Friday night since I arrived, and I knew that it wasn't long before Noah stumbled out of his study to continue drinking even more at a bar. It's happened once this week and I'm pretty sure if it was going to happen again it would be on a Friday night.

I didn't want Stile to be left waiting for his dad to show up when he should be sleeping or binge watching blockbuster movies like kids his age. So, I wanted to take him to the local park because there was a Star Wars marathon going on. Only problem was apparently he didn't like Star Wars. "You have such in articulate vocabulary for a stick in the mud." I hissed back grabbing my big tote full of blankets and pillows.

"Excuse me for having standards." He rolled his eyes sitting down on the floor, as if to prove that there was no way he would go with me. He literally sat down in the middle of the living room floor. He never yelled or raised his voice much, but this was his version of a tantrum.

I rolled my eyes as well, walking towards the door. Too bad I'm not a mom to deal with his tantrums. "Suit yourself, just stay here alone then." I give him five seconds max before he agrees.

"Wait!" I'll give it a try." He rushed to catch up with me as fast as his little legs could carry him.

.

Twenty minutes later Stiles and I were settled comfortably on the grass on top of a blanket. Well, Stiles was comfortable at least. I just so happen to be allergic to grass. Which was the dumbest allergy I've ever heard of, by the way. Seriously grass? Even shellfish would be less of a little bitch allergy than grass.

It's fine I sucked it up, ignoring the red itchy splotches that formed on my arms when they touched the grass and tried my hardest to keep from sneezing every five seconds. It was all worth it however, because Stiles looked just about as in love with Padme as Anikin. He even cried when Anikin had to leave his mom. I'm pretty sure he hasn't even blinked since the movie started. 'I don't like StarWars' my butt.

"Could you stop moving, you're causing a ruckus!" Stiles whisper yelled at me turning away from the screen for the first time.

"YouRe CuAsINg  a RUcKuS." I mocked back sticking my tongue out at him. Ultimately though, I huffed and got up grabbing my wallet. "I'll be back, yell if anyone tries to kidnap you."

I made my way over to the snack cart hoping it was still open. Just as I reached it I saw the only boy working still beginning to get his things and leave. "Are you closed?" I asked hoping, he wasn't and I could get my super nachos.

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he looked up to see me. "Uh, yeah but my ride's not here yet so I can do one more order. What can I get you?" He smirked once he took a moment to register my face.

It was a weird calculating smirk, he wasn't trying to be flirtatious or even charming for that matter. It was creepy to be honest. He was tall and lanky with awkwardly neat chestnut brown hair and crystal blue eyes. "Chicken super nachos please." I mumbled trying to look anywhere but his eyes.

He gave me a bad vibe, and although he was extremely handsome there was a sadistic glint in his overly friendly blue eyes. The friendliness in them was obviously fake, like he was waiting for you to make the wrong move and he would strike. I also had the feel that I had seen him before. He gave me a smile and nodded, getting to work. "I go to Beacon Hills High, that's why I look familiar."

"Did I say that out loud?"

He frowned his eyebrows giving me a funny smile. "Say what?"

"Nothing," I shook my head dismissively."

He nodded and got to work, but after a few minutes while he was waiting for the chicken to heat up he spoke again. "You, like Star Wars?"

Nodded, giving him an awkward smile and shoving my hands in the pockets of my grey hoodie. "Yeah, that's kind of why I came to watch it."

He laughed and began pouring the cheese and sour cream. "Blunt, I like it." He nodded giving me what looked like a real smile. "My name's Peter by the way."

I smiled back feeling a bit less creeped out by him. "Ghost Rider." I raised my eyebrows turning around at the sound of the newly familiar name. To see the one and only Derek Hale standing in the entrance of the snack bar with shit eating smirk on his face.

"Jackass." I greeted back giving him a nod, only to watch his smirk turn into a grin. "You like sci-fi movie marathons in the park?" I teased, that was the last thing I'd expect from him. He should be celebrating his basketball win or partying or some other extremely cliche activity straight out of footloose. He was popular after all.

Derek laughed shaking his head. "Of course not. I'm here to pick up my uncle." He pointed to Peter who looked a bit bitter by Derek's presence. Once he saw our eyes in him however, a smile brightened up his face expertly. "He crashed his mustang into a tree, and my mom's making him work to get his own car." Derek snickered as if remembering that specific moment. Now that I think about it Derek was quite childish he kept his cool arrogant act but if you paid close enough attention it was nearly impossible to miss his youthful habits.

Peter's easy going smile formed into a tight lipped. "Yeah well not all of us get free cars from our mommies, nephew." He told Derek smugly as he finished preparing the nachos.

"Well, that's enough family rivalry for me. I have to go take care of my own annoying DNA partner." I told them, paying for nachos and junior mints before making my way back to Stiles. It was getting way too Real House Wives up in there and I definitely didn't want to watch two guys give each other snide comments when I could be eating.