Act I.

Act I.

The Turning

"mortality is the most romantic love story ever told. you have one chance to do everything you should. then, magically, you move on..."

I stood there for a moment, gathering all the courage I had to step forward towards the voice. I gripped the bat with both hands and walked forward, trying to blink the tears back. "I refuse to die a coward." I muttered to myself as I slowly dodged the haphazardly grown branches. Although I was terrified, and couldn't see two feet in front of me because of the darkness and the tears blurring my vision I felt strangely in sync with my surrounds.

I had never been in this ghostly part of the forest, I haven't been in any part of the forest period, but I felt like I knew where every single object around me was located. I could feel the wet leaves under the sole of my shoes clearly. Their coolness emerged even past my shoes and socks and onto my feet. I didn't have to even glance at the branches to sidestep them. I could feel the cold dry air around me and could tell you perfectly where each tree in the surrounding stood. I also knew exactly where the voice wanted me to go.

So, that's what I did. I made my way over, despite the fear shaking though my body, to the base of the wicked tree. There, in between the dried roots of the  horrid tree was a carving. It was covered by dirt and pieces of broken off branches, but my eyes didn't hesitate to land on the carving. I instantly kneeled down to get a better look, it was as if I was drawn to it by instinct. Let me tell you, who ever carved the tree had the ugliest penmanship I've ever seen. Wait.

Only, I don't think the carving on the tree is english. They weren't even words at all. They were shitty little doodles of things that resembled animal heads, weapons, and cycles. I frowned my eyebrows leaning closer to try to decipher the drawings that made even Stiles' fridge drawing look like a Renaissance's masterpiece. "Lady of the Dead." I gasped out as the pictures somehow formed words in my head.

"Goodie, you can read." The same spine chilling velvety smooth voice purred. I turned my head to the sound of the voice, only I couldn't find it. That was because it was all around me, soft and calm, and cynical, and floating through the air. Also, I noticed it wasn't in English. It was a language I had never heard in my life, but I was able to miraculously understand it. It made my skin crawl just by hearing it.

"Who the fuck are yo-" Just like that I was stopped short. No time to yell, or fight back, or even figure out what was happening because I was plunged into complete darkness.

"perhaps she was darkness, and chaos, and destruction. but she made life worth dying for."