《|Chapter 2|》

《 | K E V A | 》

I made my way out the door fighting with Kathleen. Now she wants to stay home and watch tv all day but today is for her to see her new teacher. My baby is going to Pre-K. I'm so happy.

"Mommy"she cried out as I strap her up in the carseat. She kept kicking her legs trying to get out. Almost kick me in the face till I spank her leg. She stop then cried out. I close the back door then hop in the driver seat. I felt the leather seat burning my legs.

I started the car off and back out my yard.  Time to see what this doctor will say.

《 | L A T E R | 》

"Mrs. Johnson"the nurse called me. I put the magazine back and grab my daughter hand. We walk to the back to see what the doctor have to say.

I went into the office where the nurse pointed at. I walk in the office and sat down. I'm scared what this doctor will say.

"Mommy, why we hwere?"Kathleen ask.

"Mommy trying to see if she can have another baby. You want a baby sister or brother right?"I smiled.

Kathleen shook her head violently. That's odd. I would always ask my mom to give me or have another child. But she couldn't have other baby. That's why I'm here. I want to see if I can have another kid. They already took the test just have to find the result.

"Mrs. Johnson"the doctor came in. We both shared a hug and smiled. She sat down looking at the paper.

"What it say?"I ask.

"Welllll"she rub her chin. "I don't know how to say this"

"Just please say it"I said.

"You and your husband can't have any more kids, I'm sorry"she said.

I wanted to cry right there. I always wanted to have kids. "Why I can't have kids?"I sniffle.

"Well it may be infertility....."

"What the hell is that?"I ask.

"Not getting pregnant despite having carefully timed, unprotected sex for one year"she said. "Have you and your husband had unprotected sex"

"He always wanted unprotected sex which don't know why"I said.

"Okay so the symptoms you had was anxiety and not able to get pregnant, right?"

"Yes, we kept trying and trying last year but it didn't happen"I sniffle. "I almost lost my husband"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Johnson but they are some treatments you can do"she said.

"Like what?"

"Many treatments significantly improve the chances of getting pregnant. They include hormone treatments, fertility drugs, and surgery. In addition, assisted reproduction uses various medical techniques to fertilize an egg"

I can't put myself into that situation. Not right now.

"There are self care, medications, and even therapies"she said.