•Chapter 7•

*The Next Morning At Ally's House*

Ally's POV:

I opened my eyelids to the sound of thunder cracking throughout the sky. I brought my hands up to my face and rubbed my eyes. I finally got them open. I looked around at my dark bedroom. My legs, arms, practically my entire body felt stiff and cramped. I felt an arm around me. I looked to my side, to see Austin asleep in bed with me. I relaxed and lied back down again, staying cuddled into his chest.

Last night, was incredibly stressful. It was hard taking a shower, dressing myself, and just simply getting from one room to another. Austin stayed over last night because he didn't want to risk leaving me. He had also gone home to get his car so he could drive us both to school. He said it would be easier for me. I had to admit, his help actually did some good for me. He is so kind. He offers to actually carry me from one room to another.

When I was done with my shower, I succeeded to dress myself in pajamas even though it took longer than it should've. He even offered to do my hair. That's not really "helping", but I just thought it was sweet. He also offered to feed me. I told him that my arms were fine, but he just wanted to be sure. Talk about overprotective. But I don't mind his overprotectiveness. To me it's just him wanting to be a good friend... and a good boyfriend.

I turned my head and looked at my digital clock. 6:30 a.m. I'm your average early riser. I don't even set alarms, because as if on instinct, I usually get up at pretty decent times. School doesn't start 'til 8 a.m., so for now I'm okay. Austin shuffled a little bit in his sleep. Then, I saw his eyelids slowly open. he looked at me for a blank moment, then rubbed his eyes. He looked back at me again.

Austin: Good morning. :) 'he says in a soft tone'

Ally: Morning.

Austin: You feeling okay?

I don't know how to answer that. Either answer, would be a lie. I could either say, "Yea, I'm okay." But we all know that's a false answer. Nothing is ever fine anymore. At school... not fine. A home... not fine... Anywhere anymore... not fine. No matter what, for me it's like whenever I walk into the room, something is just bound to go wrong. I'm the bad luck in the world. The mistake. The weakling... The nobody. But then... there is only one place I am ever actually fine. And of course, that's with Austin.

Ally: ... I don't know...

That seemed to be the only good answer. Austin gave me a sorry look. I knew he knew I wasn't okay. I know he tries his hardest to make me feel better in any way he can. I may not exactly show it, but with Austin by my side, I couldn't be more happy.

Ally: *suddenly starts to cough*

My chest suddenly felt heavy and dry. I gave a few coughs.

Austin: Woah woah, Ally. Careful.

I settled down my coughs. They finally came to an end. My head was hot and felt like it was buzzing. Austin brought his hand to my forehead. He placed his warm palm right on the face of my forehead.

Austin: Ally... you're burning up...

Oh great. Just what I need. To get sick. Crutches, sickness, what could possibly be next?

Ally: Maybe, it's just a little cold... No big deal...

Austin: Ally, I don't want you to get worse-

Ally: I've used up all my absent days Austin. The school is not gonna let me stay home sick. I have to go...

The reason all of my "sick" days have been used up, was mainly all of those days where I just couldn't bear to walk into that hell hole they call school. It was during a really bad period in time. The bullying was just taking over. No one would leave me alone.