3

"Absolutely not, Harry!" My mom yelled, storming away from a very confused looking stepfather. In his hands he held a plane ticket to Jamaica. It was poetic truly.

"C'mon now, you deserve it. I'll take care of everything." He urged. The idea of them both going to a romantic getaway left an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Harry and I hadn't spoken in days, maybe a week. I lost track.

My mom laughed, looking at him and sighing. She grabbed the ticket and hugged him tightly. "What would I do without you?" She pulled away from their embrace and turned to me, who was currently sprawled out on the couch. "Will you be alright here all alone with Harry?"

The fuck did she just say?

"What? Isn't he going?" I sat up straight, glaring at Harry. His eyes avoided me completely as my mom answered a quick 'no'. He knew I couldn't be selfish with my mom about her having a little vacation after everything that's happened.

What a dick.

"Yeah," I sighed, mentally groaning. "We'll be fine." My hand moved up to fix my messy hair and Harry looked at me apologetically. An entire hour alone with him sounded frightening, let alone a whole week.

_

"I'll be back soon!" My mom promised as her taxi drove away to the airport. Nelson's promise came to mind and I quickly turned to Harry. "I'm going up to my room." I stated, pushing past him and making my way up to my only place of sanity.

"Caitlin, what are you doing to me?" Harry whispered, and I was pretty sure it wasn't meant for my ears.

After a while of being in my room, boredom struck and I texted Liam, an old roommate of mine from college.

Me: Hang out?

Liam: Nice to know you haven't forgotten us little people.

I laughed at his text, sitting up to write out a reply when a knock at my door stopped me. "What?" I snarled. I was rather rude at Harry every since he assumed I was scared of needing him.

"I um, I made some dinner." He stuttered, his lips curling into a pity smile. I wanted nothing more than to break his perfect little face, but I was feeling hungry.

I didn't understand what the issue with Harry and I was. We got along so well before, both Nel and I did.

I walked downstairs, the smell of food making my stomach growl. "What did you make?" I asked, looking through the fridge for something to drink.

"Pasta." He was plain with his answer, fueling my attitude.

"Gross." I was trying to make him mad, for some reason. I wanted to see him angry, just like he made me. His eyes shot up at me and I smirked. "What? What could you possibly do? You're stuck with me, might as well cook something that doesn't completely suck."

My back hit a wall before I could even blink. His body was against mine and I could feel his minty breath hit my face. "I've just about had it with you." His hands grabbed mine, putting them on either side of my head.

The feeling of his skin on mine made me tingle. "Have you now?" I giggled, I was pushing it now. His eyes burned through mine.

I had never felt so intimate with him

"Harry, let me go."

"Caity, that's my problem. I don't want to."