Chapter Three; Thomas fricken Sanders

I held my head, the pain gone, but the effects leaving me a bit dizzy. I sat down on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. I hoped that there would be no more pain...And there wasn't.

Welcome to SQUIP 2.5.

It's a voice inside my head. It's kinda like my own voice, but it's also not. It's deeper, but it's also more flamboyant, a little I guess? This voice is more of...of...

"Thomas Sanders-" My eyes widened, and I smiled slightly.

Hello, Lillian.

I sighed quietly, and I grinned. "Hey,"

Please do not talk to me aloud.

"How do I not do that?" I asked aloud, despite its request not to.

Simply think at me. I am inside your mind, therefore I can hear whatever you are thinking. This is something that allows me to function and do my job.

Like this? I tried to think to the SQUIP.

Exactly. Well done.

I smiled. I quite liked being praised for achieving simple things.

I know that.

Are you going to respond to every little thing I think? Even if it's a rhetorical question?

Not everything.

Good.

I slowly began to stand back up.

Not that I'm complaining, but why do you sound like Thomas Sanders? He's not even really that well known, so how would you have access to his voice and stuff?

Simple. As I was going through your data, I had to find a voice that would not be distracting to you, so I chose this one. I have others available, if you'd prefer.

Nah, I'll stick with Thomas.

I stretched a bit as I stood up, cracking my back.

You need some new clothes. Go to the store, and we will get you some new clothes.

But I don't have any money, nor do I have a ride?

Do not worry about money. You will use your mother's credit card, and I will take care of paying things off. If you are confronted about this, which I cannot anticipate that you will, I will tell you the correct things to tell your mother, so that you do not get into too much trouble.

I sighed lightly, but knowing I didn't have a choice, I nodded and headed upstairs to grab my mom's credit card, as per the SQUIP's wishes.

What kind of clothes am I going to be needing to get? Please tell me they're at least going to be decent, and not make me look like Chloe or something.

Chloe Valentine is not your style. You will be dressing more to Michael's fashion of style, things similar to what his girls of interest wear.

And that is?

You will see, Lillian. All in fair time.

God, you sound like an old wizard or something.

Oh, wow, thanks.

Yep! You're welcome.

I got the card, and then I headed outside. Am I walking?