Chapter Six; Where Did Evil Kermit Come From?

The next day when I got to my locker and opened it, there was a note attached to the inside of my locker. It was in Jeremy's handwriting, though...

Lily,

After school, meet me in the student parking lot by the bike rack. We need to talk, it's important but very private! Please don't bring anyone.

I frowned slightly. What could be so important that it had to be in private and alone? He really confused me sometimes. I was starting to cope over the whole Michael situation, though it wasn't exactly my doing. It was more of my SQUIP who was in charge of my emotions.

Yo, Thomas, what's today's plan? We meeting Jeremy after school?

Of course we are.

Can you tell me what's going on?

There was a long silent. No, I cannot.

As long as he doesn't have a crush on me. That'd be weird. Especially since he's with Chrissy.

I can assure you that it is not that he has a crush on you. Jeremiah is still very into Christine.

Cool.

I had a test in history which, thanks to my SQUIP, I aced. If not good for anything else, it was at least good at getting me perfect grades. Classes went by just fine, and I skipped out on going to see Mrs. Spriggs, as due to the SQUIP's instructions.

After school, I made my way to behind the school and froze when I saw, not Jeremy, but Michael. He was leaning against the bike rack.

The SQUIP faked a gasp.

Oh my God, you know, didn't you?!

Me? Never! Of course I knew.

Of course you knew. I shoved my hands into my pockets, beginning to walk over towards Michael. "Heyyy, Michael..." I felt extremely awkward trying to talk to him.

Michael waved a bit. "Heyyy, Lily," He rubbed the back of his neck.

"So, um, did Jeremy write you a note to come back here too, or uh..." I paused, sighing.

"He wrote that note for me, Lily, um," Michael stood up straight, looking down at me. "You're still short," He chuckled a bit, before going back to being all serious and stuff.

"That's not fair, you know," I huffed, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"I know it isn't," Michael smiled lightly.

"Okay, so, what's this all about, Micha?" I asked, my head tilting slightly.

Michael paused. "So, I didn't...want to ignore you, I just didn't know how to reaction. I mean, what's the proper reaction for when the girl you've had a crush on since 7th grade says that she's liked you since 8th? It's a very complicated process, and I just-"

"Wait, what?" I asked, blinking at him. "You..." I pointed at myself, then him, then myself again.

His cheeks began to darken. "Uh...yeah," Michael nodded a bit.

I threw my arms around his neck, cautious of his white headphones that were cleverly labeled with which side went on what ear.

Michael put his arms around of me, and we just stayed like that for a while.

Finally, I began to pull away from the hug, looking at him. I just smiled, and then he smiled back at me. Green. Mountain Dew slushy.

We stood there in a silence for a little while, not really saying anything. I didn't know what to say, actually.