one

-currently editing and rewriting-

dedicating this story to my friend. ( everyone_stop_ ) check out her stories and stuff.

disclaimer: all characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes. this my first story so i hope you enjoy!

-----

lucy

"Lucy. Lucy? Lucy!" I heard a certain blue haired girl shout.

"Huh? Oh yes, Levy?"

"Where you even paying attention?" she asked.

I sighed and replied saying, "No, sorry... What were you talking about?"

"You and Natsu. How was your date?"

"It was fine. Although the soup could hav- WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN DATE!?"

She giggled with a smirk. "You two did go to a restaurant for dinner last night. What did you do after that?"

Blood immediately rushed to my cheeks while Levy continued giggling.

"Anyways... what's been on your mind? You haven't been yourself lately."

"I don't know... I'm gonna to go home and take a nap."

"Okay... If you need anyone to talk to, I'm right here," she said as I headed to the door.

"I'll remember that," I said while waving goodbye.

Once, I got home I had the same funny feeling I've been having ever since last night. I thought it was probably just something I ate. I decided to just ignore it and take a nap. As soon as I laid down on my bed an intense pain hit me in the stomach. It felt like someone stabbing and punching me repeatedly. I groaned in pain and clutched my stomach.

Then it stopped.

Immediately after that, I fell right asleep.

"Lucy... Lucy... Open your eyes."

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw the bright sun blazing down on me and a cherry blossom tree's shadow covering half my body. I sat up to look for the owner of the voice but couldn't see anyone.

"Look how much you've grown," said a familiar voice.

I quickly turned my head around to see none other than Layla Heartfilia standing behind the tree. Her hair and dress blowing beautifully in the wind.

"Mama?"

"It's been a long time."

"B-but your de-dead."

She replied with a smile, "I have some important news to tell you."

I shut my mouth and listened intently, not wanting to spoil the moment.

"Someone is out there hunting you."

"Hunting me? But why?"

"Be-because... I can't tell you right now. Just wait for a while. I promise to explain everything soon," she said looking worried.

I nodded. I was terribly confused but I trusted my mother. I knew that she never broke her promises. She walked up to me and took a bracelet out of her pocket.

"Wear this. When you wake up you will still be wearing it. This will prove that this is no ordinary dream."

I put the pink and white bracelet on. It looked handmade and made with love and care. It also had an 'L' charm on it.

"I must go now. Please be careful. This person will not stop trying to hurt you. Be on your guard."

"Don't go... Not yet. We haven't even talked about everything that's happened ever since you died."

"Don't worry... I know everything."

With a confused look on my face, I saw my mother disappear into thin air within a blink of an eye.

I woke up panting that morning.

-----
hope you enjoyed :)