six

third-person

"Hi Lucy!" a salmon haired boy sang.

"Natsu!" a small blonde girl rang.

The two children ran upstairs to go and play.

"Check out this new toy Mama and Papa gave me!" Lucy said showing off her new doll.

"Ewwww. Dolls are so girly."

"Well I am a girl," Lucy giggled. "If you don't wanna play with my dolls, what do you want to do?"

"Hmmmm...."

While the children decided what to play, the adults downstairs where busy chatting away. (a/n wow rhymes)

"It's been a while since we talked, Layla, Jude," a red haired man said as he walked toward them.

"It has. Let's go sit down, I'll make some snacks and we can all have a nice talk." a blonde haired maiden said.

"I'll help!" A young teen said.

"Solar, you really don't have to."

"No, let me help! Please!" she begged.

As they both made their way into the kitchen, Jude and Igneel went to sit down.

Back upstairs, the kids where having a fun time.

"No please! Don't hurt me Mr Dragon!" Lucy yelled.

"No wait! I don't want to hurt you!" Natsu yelled.

They were having the time of their lives. Lucy wore a pink dress and a cardboard crown while Natsu wore some cardboard wings over his regular clothes.

They were role playing. Lucy a princess and Natsu a dragon.

Back downstairs, everyone was now together eating snacks.

"So, what brings you here, Igneel?" Jude asked.

"Natsu wanted to play with Lucy again. They would make a cute couple, don't you think?"

"Yes, they would. We just have to wait 10 more years," Layla and Jude giggled.

"On a serious note, we have noticed something and we want to tell you Igneel and Solar. We trust you so please do not tell anyone."

Solar nodded and listened intently while Igneel put a serious face on.

"Lucy... is being targeted and the only way we can stop this from happening, is to erase her memories. We don't want to do this but we need to for her safety. She will get them back in the future but we don't plan on it anytime soon." Jude explained.

"I see. What do you propose we do?" Igneel asked.

"We don't want Natsu getting Lucy confused so we are asking for permission to also take the memories of your son. We know it will be hard but he will get his memories back when Lucy gets hers back." Layla further explained.

"I understand. You have my permission." Igneel replied.

"May I ask what you need me for?" Solar said.

"We need you to take their memories. We know we can trust you to keep the safe."

"Okay. I will keep them safe."

Later that night, when the princess and dragon fell asleep, Solar took their memories.

From that day onward, Lucy had no idea about dragons or Natsu and Natsu had no idea about Lucy.

Until, one day the dragon bumped into the princess at a place called fairy tail.

-----
oh wow flashbacks + third person view