01 - Chapter One - Siryn's Point Of View.

Leaving my pack wasn't easy by no means but it was only a single school year. I wanted to try a quick course in English. Just as quickly as the school year came on it also disappeared.  I was excited to finally be going home. My parents had called and I gave them all my info when I would be landing on the closest airstrip and such. After being away for a year I wasn't used to the cold anymore. The plane landed with ease and now the fun of running all the way there would begin.

Shivers raced down my body as the wind blew the snow in my face. Sighing I shifted and ran. Everything of mine from school was flown in a week before I. Last I heard my parents had set me up in my own house only a few steps from theirs. I wasn't even halfway there and I felt like I was going to die. Shit, I had gotten so lazy. Dad was so going to kill me. Finally making it I noticed right away something was so off. Loud barking and growling were all I could hear, that worried me and my legs moved faster to the centre of town. Wolves that I had never smelt or seen were attacking my friends and family.

Our warriors were attacking other warriors and it was such a bloody mess. Launching into the fight I had a bit of an upper hand. I saw the alpha's children Luna and Dax fighting off wolves too.  Fighting was common but this was a whole other pack one smaller than ours. Slamming my wolf into a much larger wolf had some after-effects, like a broken shoulder. I had knocked him down though. Barely being able to hold him down I bit his shoulder and neck making him yelp. A fairly smaller wolf came barreling at me in anger. This must be the big fuckers mate.

I waited for the impact but it didn't come. A giant wolf I knew more then any other wolf took down the smaller one. Father. Shifting into my human form my shoulder was super fucked. 

Finally, the other wolves seemed to understand there was nothing more they could do against us. We were stronger. 

Both my fathers came over.  My smaller father Leno hugged me and I growled out in pain.

"Holy fuck. That looks awful." My dad growled.

"I'm fine. Better question though, What the fuck was going on?"

"Oh. It's just some wolves from another pack it happens all the time." My father Leno said softly.

"It's an issue we have been having for the last six months, Let's go get that shoulder fixed and then I'll explain everything." My dad Deigo said sharply.

*  *  *  *  *  *

After getting the shoulder set and wrapped my dad started to talk.

"This has been an issue for six months like I said.  Their Alpha came seeking assistance and he got on Dakota's bad side and Dakota won't assist them. Now apparently we are enemies. They attack every few weeks. At first, there were a lot more, but Dakota and I figure they are starving off or killing each other. When they were here they asked for food and money, Dakota offered to help move them down to better land but then they fought. Now we are here."

"If they are starving we need to help. It's wrong to let them die because of an argument."

I watched my dad sigh before he spoke again.

"Its nature's way of weeding out the unfit."

Growling I stood up leaving the table at my parents, I couldn't let this get any more out of hand.