Creative Differences

"FUCK IT ALL TO HELL!!"

Sammy's voice echoed through the music department, the sound of ink flooding the halls. The few musicians that were at work at the time had been trapped in the department, their only option was to wait for their end at this point. The main stairwell had been flooded with ink and everyone was at their limit with Mr. Drew.

"DAMMIT JOEY!!!" he kicked the wall, breaking a board

A hand was placed on one of his shoulders, Norman Polk.

"Now calm down Sammy. That's not gonna help."

Sammy stared at the projectionist before staring at the ink filled stairwell. "Shit!"

Norman sighed and looked at the stairwell, there had to be a way to get everyone out. He looked over at the musician as he slid against the wall he just kicked till he was sitting on the floor.

"Think that machine will ever be destroyed?"

Norman swallowed, "We can only hope Sammy, we can only hope..."

~2 years later~

Sammy was walking up the stairs towards the animation studio, the sound of heels following him. He looked behind him at the small girl behind him in slight annoyance, noticing her struggle to keep up.

"Can you try to keep up?" He growled

"You try walking in heels Sammy, see how easy it is to walk up four flights of stairs." She spoke back

Sammy only rolled his eyes, "Ya know ever since Joey made you ink monsters you think you run this place!" He looked back at her, "I'll have you know I've worked here for five years so show some respect and drop that attitude."

"What ever you say Sammy." The angel rolled her eyes

The two soon reached the animation studio, soon hearing the familiar sound of the boss yelling, causing Sammy to groan in annoyance. Ever since Joey had the bright idea of bringing the cartoons to life with the ink machine, things had gotten worse, more ink flooding and of course, the ink demon himself decided to make himself the fella in charge since Joey was so horrible at it.

"Joey you can't be serious!! We NEED those files! Are ya really gonna stand there and tell me you lost them!?" the demon yelled

Sammy walked into the room and stared at the small ink creature yelling at Joey, smirking slightly at the sight. For once it wasn't him who was yelling at Joey about something. The little demon how ever wasn't looking too good, his face was starting to melt due to stress and he was pacing, two things the employees had learned to fear. The demon stopped, noticing the musician and hurried over.

"Sammy! Give me some good news..!" he gripped onto Sammy's vest

"Relax, I just finished three songs."

Bendy smiled in relief, pushing back the falling ink into place on his head. "Good, that's good. Good work Sammy..."

Sammy glanced around the room, noticing the other employees looking extremely stressed. His eyes landed on Henry, hunched over and busying himself with his work, a small smile crept onto the musicians face as he excused himself from the demon and headed over to him.

"Hello Henry."

Henry looked up at Sammy and smiled in relief. "Sammy! Perfect timing! Lunch?"

Sammy chuckled at his eagerness for a break. "Alright."

"Great!" Henry stood, setting down his pencil

The two slipped out of the studio quickly, successfully getting past the ink demons watch. Once outside the two laughed a bit at their success, walking towards the city. Henry looked around for a moment before gently lacing his hand with the musicians, smiling softly. Sammy tensed, looking down at their hands before looking at Henry in slight surprise. He shrugged off Sammy's stare and rolled his eyes lightly a grin on his face.

"No ones around Sammy, calm down."

The musician nodded, relaxing. "Still, if someone saw us..."

Henry nodded understandingly, letting go of the musicians hand as they approached their destination.

Entering the small diner they sat down at the bar, side by side and still smiling.

"So... How's having that ink monster order you around?"

Henry laughed, "Bendy? He's fine, gets work done unlike Joey.."

"Isn't Joey your close friend?" Sammy asked

"Mmm.... In a way... We started this studio together in College six years ago... Do you know how hard it is to keep creating characters for his image? Bendy looked extremely different when I first designed him."

Sammy stared at him, "I thought Joey made him."

"He made his design look how it does now. He looked a lot friendlier before." Henry rested his chin on his hand with a sigh of defeat

A worried look found its way onto Sammy's face as saw the light in Henry's eyes dim. "Why don't you do something about it?"

Henry looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"He's your character isn't he? You could sue him."

"And ruin the company? No way. Besides, Bendy is now the company's character, not mine."

Sammy frowned but decided not to argue with the man, instead changing the subject. "So I hear the wars getting worse by the day..." He muttered

"Is that so?"

He nodded, "President Kennedy must be making some tough decisions..."

"Mm... makes you never want to be a president."

"Every kids dream to become president is destroyed from this." Henry joked, lightening the sullen mood

Sammy laughed, the side of his hand gently resting in front of his mouth as if he was trying to stifle the laugh, while his face lightly flushed a salmon pink. Henry couldn't help but stare at the man next to him, the small quirks this quiet yet angry man had fascinated him. Maybe it was the animator mindset or how much he truly cared and wanted to know even more about him. He smiled and leaned his chin on his hand as Sammy recollected himself, quickly noticing Henry's stare. The red tints to his face quickly darkened slightly as he glared slightly.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

Henry blinked and chuckled, shaking his head. He would tell Sammy later what was on his mind. Sammy rolled his eyes and watched as their food arrived at the bar, quickly reattaining his attention to the food and current task at hand; eating. He and Henry quietly sat side by side eating their lunch together, a custom they had grown used too after two years of spending time together. As soon as they were finished, Sammy paid for the meal and the two walked out side by side off back towards the studio.

"You never answered my question."

Henry looked up at the man next to him, "Which was?"

"Why you were staring at me before."

Henry grinned, "Only because your laugh was quite adorable."

The musician froze, a loss of words as Henry walked passed him and a blush formed on his face. "H-HENRY!?"

Sammy hurried after the animator still in shock of this new information only to find Henry laughing at his own reaction.