Into the Depths

Going to the large sanctuary wasn't as hard as it was made out to be, they really only had to travel through the floor boards. Most of the lost ones didn't realize it wasn't dangerous to do, mostly because they assumed they were like the toons that couldn't do such actions for long periods of time. But Sammy quickly helped them down with the faster way then just walking for hours or maybe even days. People down here respected him, and listened to him and even called him their prophet. It was everything Sammy could have wanted, but it wasn't enough, he felt as if he was missing something. He was missing Henry, but he would never have Henry again. He had been abandoned and betrayed by him.

Sammy shook his head and finished helping a lost one board up a gap in the wall, this place he felt was truly magical, and the last shred of humanity left in all of them. He smiled at his work and at the employees around him as they busied themselves with fixing up this little town they made. One had told him that they started making this safe place long ago but never was able to finish it due to the ink demon finding them multiple times and sending them back to that dreadful room Sammy awoke in. There of course was only one problem, there was no way in and no way out, they were like trapped mice. One way was blocked off by other long ago and the other was surrounded in an inky lake where the ink demon came through often.

The sound of movement in the water grabbed everyone's attention, the demon was on the move again.

"Everyone inside! Quick!" Sammy ordered

Panicked whispers filled the small cavern as lost ones hurried inside the buildings, Sammy hid in the small closet like hole that they had started to board up, axe in hand just for safety measures in case the demon came and attacked. He watched through the wood boards as a small boat like structure entered through the pipes entrance. Curiosity brought Sammy to look closer at the boat noticing the figure inside. Henry stepped out and began to walk into the area, sending a blind rage through Sammy's ink filled veins. As soon as Henry got closer to him he couldn't control himself any longer, he swung the axe and broke out of his hiding place, causing the animator to scramble backwards.

"SAMMY!?"

"I TRUSTED YOU!" Sammy swung the axe again, barely missing Henry

"WHOA! Wait Sammy!!"

"I gave you everything! And you left me here to ROT!!!"

Henry ducked as Sammy tried to hit him again.

"Why... WHY!? Why have you forsaken me!?"

Sammy was quickly stopped in his tracks when Henry grabbed the axe in an attempt to take it out of his hands. Sammy glared and tried to push him down.

"Sammy I don't want to-"

He fell back, quickly getting back up and attempting to run to safety.

"Come back and put your face in my AXE!!!" Sammy chased after him, reading for another swing

As fast as Sammy had caught up to Henry, the sudden blunt object hitting the side of his head startled the musician. He froze for a moment as his mask fell off, broken in half. Slowly he touched his face before quickly covering it in both pain and fear. As much as he was blinded by hatred, he didn't want Henry to see him like this.

"S-Sammy I- I'm sorry I didn't-" Henry reached out to him

"NO!" He backed away, "Don't- Stay away!"

As he backed away, Henry kept trying to get close to him. Once close enough Sammy grabbed him, pulling him close.

"You lied to me. You said I'd be free."

"You... you remember me?" Henry stared in shock

"Oh I remember you Henry. I remember you abandoning me when I needed you. You told me you would set me free. But you lied."

"No- I didn't Sammy please!"

Sammy chuckled and grabbed his axe, not letting go of the animator, "So no I'm going to free you."

Henry began to struggle, "SAMMY!?"

"I'm going to free your head right off your shoulders!!!" Sammy yelled

Henry managed to pry himself out of the musicians grip and grabbed the axe again.

"Sammy you need to listen to me!"

"No! All you do is lie!" He struggled to get control again

"I didn't lie! I never wanted to leave you! Joey gave me no choice!!"

Falling backwards Sammy stared up at him in anger as Henry threw the axe away from arms reach.

"Joey fired me. He told me that if I ever came back he would kill you. I.... I couldn't live with knowing that I would cause you harm. So I left..."

Unable to fully understand what he had heard he stood up again, staring down at the floor.

"He lies.... he... he always lies..."

"Sammy...?" Henry slowly walked over to him

"He said he'd save me... He said he'd set me free... Now I have nothing..." Tears started to run down his face, memories of the past slowly returning

He felt arms wrap around him, causing him to look at the source. Henry was holding him close, not minding the ink or anything about how Sammy now was. It took him a moment to return to gesture, he could feel himself trembling.

"Sammy you have me, you always have. I'm not leaving without you." Henry whispered

Sammy could only nod, pulling away to regain himself, now that his memories were mostly back he felt less clouded minded. There was a brief moment of silence.

"I'm sorry I tried to cut off your head..." Sammy muttered

"It's alright." Henry smiled

"And I'm sorry I kidnapped you and tried to sacrifice you..."

Sammy it's okay! What ever Joey did to this place has really messed with everyone's heads. Susie and Bertrum went insane and I'm sure others have too." He chuckled a bit

Sammy nodded before his attention was turned to a figure approaching quietly. He turned fully and glared at the toon that approached with an axe of its own.

"Tom, wait!" Henry stood in front of him

The toon, Henry called Tom glared, clearly not a fan of either of them. A hand was placed on his shoulder, the stare never leaving Henry or Sammy.

"I'm glad your safe." The feminine voice that belonged to the hand spoke as she stood next to the toon

"Who are they...?" Sammy whispered to Henry

"Sammy this is Alice and Tom. They saved me from Susie and kept me hostage." Henry explained

Sammy already didn't like them. "I'm sorry what?"

"We didn't know what Henry was at first. Tom didn't trust him." Alice explained, "But we know who you are Sammy Lawrence."

"Do you now?"

"Well you have kept the searchers and lost ones here at bay. And your the self assigned prophet of Bendy. Word gets around here fast." She crosses her arms with a small glare

Sammy returned the glare and crossed arms, "They are people not things that can be kept in place. You should know that you look human enough."

Henry shook his head, "As much as I love having you back Sammy can we save the grudging comments for later? I would like to get out of here."

Alice nodded, "It's probably safer to stay together, you never know what could attack."

"Good idea." Henry smiled at her, causing Sammy to glare at them both

"Henry do you think you can lead the way?" Alice asked

"Sure."

With that the four left the small town and into a hallway, the floor had given out and only a few boards were strewn across. Henry carefully started to cross them, Sammy and the others close behind. The boards began to snap and break, caving under the animator and he dropped out of their sight.

"HENRY!!" Both Alice and Sammy cried out

The two looked at each other in surprise and slight aggression, Sammy grew more jealous of how Alice and Henry treated each other.