Three

"Tequila?" Ms. White kept repeating.

Tequila could hear her loud and clear but she was far gone to be brought back. Her body was like a iced over lake, moving and working but frozen on the outside. This had happened a few times before, but never in public. The nightmares usually happen in the dark and involved flames. It was never just his eyes.

Those blue eyes were the worst. She'd rather feel imaginary fire burning her skin than the torture his eyes put her through. His eyes destroyed her on the inside because she was unable to move on the outside. It felt as if she had woken up during surgery and she could feel the pain but she couldn't yell and scream to tell them to stop. 

She strained her eyes as she stood in a trance, watching the eyes behind the curtain. The eyes weren't real, she knew that, but the fear was real that was for sure.

She struggled to gasp, but her body wouldn't allow her to. 

Creeping in the distant was a figure but before she could tell who it was - it vanished. She should've known he would've done that. She could tell the blue eyed man was a tease just by the way he had laughed in several of her nightmares. 

Before she knew it, her body came back to life. She stood there breathing heavy as she lurched forward. She could hear whispers throughout the room and she wouldn't doubt it if people were calling her a freak. 

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she slowly met eyes with a, rather pissed off, ms. white except her scarlet red face did not match her last name. 

"Get off the stage now Tequila." Ms. White demanded while pointing to her seat. 

If it was anyone else, she would've defended herself and talk back, but this was her favorite class. She couldn't get on her teacher's bad side, no matter how hard it was to fight back the urge to yell back at her. Tequila so badly wanted to demand Ms. White to sit her behind back down, but she didn't. She simply did as she was told.

"You did great." Victoria smiled, but she knew that she was only making fun of her. Tequila never messed up. This was a rare occasion so Victoria was going to take it.

Tequila just simply rolled her eyes as she shifted in her seat. Victoria glanced back up at the stage, but not without grinning like a fool. It finally dawned on Tequila that her friend was indeed wacko in the head, which meant that she was whacked in the head when she was a child. At least that's what Tequila thought. 

"Everyone gets stage fright now and then." Rayland said from beside her.

She gave him a sideways "It wasn't stage fright." She hissed before crossing her arms over her chest. 

Rayland didn't buy it and just gave her a sly smile before turning back in his seat.

"It wasn't." She muttered.

Rayland huffed but didn't say anything, he knew it wasn't worth arguing over. Tequila would always win anyways, even if she technically didn't win. He'd fought with her on many different topics and somehow she had 'won', but maybe it was because he let her win. He didn't really like fighting with her either because fighting with Tequila is like fighting with a wall - she'd just ignore you. 

But Tequila didn't like to be the one who was ignored. So throughout the whole class she kept muttering about so and so being terrible to make herself feel better. Rayland couldn't help but smile which made her a bit upset. She wanted him to argue but he never did. He just smiled and that was it. 

At the end of class Ms. White stood up to announce who made the cut and who didn't. To say Tequila was nervous would be an understatement. She had never embarrassed herself so badly as she had today and she was still getting weird stares from everyone in the room.