Seven

Her eyes drooped dangerously low as her arms loosened around her legs. She had been up all night and she was glad she had because every now and then she would see ‘Red Face’ dart by the window. She had a feeling that if she had been asleep he would have probably rapped her, if hadn’t already that is.

The bed creaked from underneath her while she repeatedly scratched her lower back. Her body felt as if it was infested with little tiny bugs crawling up and down her body as she scratched from her legs to the back of her head. She ran a shaky hand through her greasy hair that clings to the side of her face. Her hair created extra heat on her back as she stretched forward, popping a few muscles in her arms.

Letting out a huff, she flung herself backwards, laying her head on the worn out pillow. An unfamiliar object poked her in the neck. She strained her neck to examine the pillow that had poked her. The stuffing that was once sealed by stitching was now spewing out of the light yellow pillow.  Her fingers lightly brushed against the substance that was mixed with some kind of dried liquid.

Her face scrunched up in disgust before she redirected her gaze onto the bland ceiling above her. She laced her fingers together and laid them on her abdomen, the cuffs digging into her skin but she decided to ignore the.

She let out another huff as a piece of string hanging off of the bed sheets tickled the bottom of her foot. She squirmed in the bed, trying to adjust to the thin layer of dirt and other disgusting substances that covered her body. She sighed heavily before sitting up straight.

Right as she was about to jump out of bed, she caught sight of his black hoodie that surprisingly fitted him quite well. She watched with envy as he strolled by her room before hastily glancing at her. Her mouth flew open in an attempt to yell at him, but nothing came out.

He vanished and so did her words.

Well that is except for two very important words. “Fuck you.” She whispered under her breath. Her eyes grew wide as she realized she had just cursed, “I mean fudge you.” She corrected herself, but the guilt still clung to her like plastic.

Her gaze flew down to her bed as she allowed one leg to dangle off the side of her bed while she tucked the other leg underneath her. She glanced momentarily at the ground, spotting a black bug crawling at a fast speed across the floor. She bit her tongue as she crept up behind it before crushing it with her foot. She rubbed the ball of her heel across the cement ground, trying her best to remove the guts off of her foot.

She was still rubbing her foot across the ground when the door creaked open but she didn’t notice. Her attention was fully dedicated onto her foot instead of the guy who kidnapped her and could possibly kill her, but if he did kill her at least the guts on her foot would be gone.

She smiled triumphantly at the ground as she placed both hands on both sides of her hips. She was in her own little world and she was finally forgetting about the whole kidnap deal, but she was quickly yanked back to reality.

The tip of his finger lightly poked her shoulder, although it was as light as a feather, it was enough to startle her.

Her hands shot up in the air and flung awkwardly as her eyes widen, creating a humorous crazy cat lady look, at least that was the first thing that popped into his mind when he saw her surprised look.

“Tequila,” His usual mysterious sounding voice was a bit off. There was a hint of laughter hiding in the depths of his voice when he spoke her name. “Hold still,” He said as he bent down. She glanced down at the cuffs he was putting around her ankles and a puff of air slipped out of her lips as she rolled her eyes.

She had an urge to throw her hands up in an attempt of ‘what the fuck’ kind of gesture, but due to the cuffs she wasn’t allowed to.

Without saying a word he pulled on the chains and led her out the door. Her feet instantly became numb to the coldness that covered the ground as she followed closely behind him. She studied the way he walked and watched intently at the way his broad shoulders swayed as he turned at each corner. His feet firmly hit the ground with each step and his hands barely moved an inch as they rested against his sides. His stride gave off a feeling of continents and she wondered if what he was giving off was the truth.