Eight

"What the fudge is wrong with you?" She narrowed her eyes at him as she angrily whipped away the liquid that he had accidentally splashed in her face. 

"Just eat your dam-" She interrupted him by talking over him in a loud and obnoxious voice. 

"Don't curse." She gave him a stern look before dropping her gaze onto the suspicious looking soup. A few minutes ago he had walked in like he owned the place, which he did, and rudely dropped a metal tray in her lap. He did it on purpose, she knew he did. 

All she did was ask him a question and this was the outcome. She thought it was good to ask questions, at least that's the only thing she learned in school. 

She poked the noodles with her spoon. "Noodle soup?" She questioned, raising one eyebrow at him. 

"Yes." He said in such a bland tone that it almost startled her. "Are you going to eat it? Or are you going to watch it mold?" 

She huffed before dipping her spoon into the yellow colored liquid. Hesitantly, she lifted the spoon up to her mouth and took a tiny sip. She glanced up at him as she licked her lips repeatedly until she decided that it was okay to eat. 

She crammed a whole spoon full of noodles into her mouth. With noodles falling out of her mouth she sent him a thumbs up and mumbled 'this is good', but he could barely make out what she said. 

He was still standing there as she poured the bowl into her mouth and drunk the soup juice. Even when she was done and handed over her bowl he still stood there as if he was expecting something to happen. 

"What?" She asked innocently while whipping her mouth with the back of her hand. 

He just stood there for what seemed like forever which made her start to worry. "Is there something on my face?" She asked suddenly and started to rub hard around her mouth, but he simply shook his head no. 

Her eyebrows furrowed together as she stared intensely at the bed sheets, going through the many reasons as to why he was being so quiet. Her face suddenly felt warm and she could feel sweat running down her back. Panic was written all over her face as her head darted up "What did you-" Her words got lost in the back of her throat as she clutched her stomach. 

Her head was pounding as the room around her started to spin rapidly. She got lost in the blurry colors and her thoughts were completely gone as she sat there in a state of nothingness. 

Pain, she felt it everywhere. 

But within seconds she felt the pain slowly subside as her body was lifted off of the mattress. Light shined from above and almost blinded her as she entered a new room. Her body was then placed on soft and comfy mattress and her head was supported with two pillows. 

The first thing she noticed when she came back to reality was the fact that the cuffs were off her hands. She studied her wrist and the red marks that decorated it. The subtle breeze of cold air rushed past her hands and for the first time she actually felt free, but she knew in the back of her mind that she wasn't and may never be free. 

As she sat there examining her wrist, she felt a presence disappear before reappearing within seconds. A white rag was draped over her forehead while a plastic bottle of water was placed on a nearby stand. Extending her arm as far as it would go she reached for the water, suddenly thirsty. The tips of her fingers brushed against the wrapper around the bottle but she couldn't grab it. She was about to get out of bed, however, before she could he had already snatched up the bottle and laid it in her lap. 

Her mouth was in the shape of an 'o' as she stared at him in confusion. She shrugged it off for now and guzzled down the water. The only sound in the room for the next minute was the sound of gulping as she basically consumed the bottle.