Oops

You were woken by the sound of something rustling and you immediately jumped into action. A chakram was formed and pointed at the other figure in the room before your eyes had even completely focused on what was happening.

"Woah." Strange stepped back and put his hands up in surrender.

"Strange?" you questioned and looked around the room, "wai-what am I doing in your room? Why am I in your bed?" you demanded.

"Calm down (l/n)." He gestured to the chakram still pointed at his face, "think you could, put that away?"

"Oh, right." You dismissed the chakram and looked up at him expectantly.

"You just fell asleep when we were training." He explained and memories of what happened before came flooding back, "so I brought you here. Sorry I couldn't bring you to your room. I don't know where it is."

"Right." You nodded, "thanks." He gave a small smile to show he heard you. "Oh my gosh the hospital!" you threw the covers back and jumped out of his bed with your hand already forming a portal when, "oh wait. I have a day off." You sighed and stopped forming the portal.

"How much sleep have you been getting?" he asked in concern and frowned at you.

"Oh no!" you groaned and covered your eyes with your hands, "I don't need another mother!"

"You just passed out in the middle of training!" he retorted, "for crying out loud it's the middle of the day (f/n)!" you raised an eyebrow at him in question. "What?" he looked at you with more confusion that you had for him.

"(f/n)." You repeated.

"Yes," Strange nodded slowly but still looking confused, "that is your name."

"I know that." You retorted, "you've never called me (f/n) before."

"Oh," Strange looked at you a little guiltily, "sorry. Do you not like it?"

"It's not that," you answered slowly, "it's just...different." You tilted your head to the side and considered it, "I don't outright hate it though."

"You can call me Stephen." He offered hesitantly.

"Okay." His blue-green eyes widened in surprise by how quickly you had accepted his offer, "hello Stephen, I'm (f/n)."

He smiled, "hello (f/n), I'm Stephen." You smiled as well and the two of you lapsed into silence, "can I ask you a question?" Stephen asked and broke the silence.

"You just did." You countered and returned his annoyed look with a cheeky smile, "yeah, what is it?"

"Why New York?"

"What?" you asked in confusion.

"Why are you in New York? All of the other Masters stay here all the time, but you're in New York. You're working at a hospital in New York."

"There's a very important building in New York." You hesitantly explained. You weren't sure how much you were allowed to tell to Stephen, "I'm just stationed there as backup. In case there's an attack on the building."

"What's so special about the building?"

You shook your head, "I can't tell you that." You fixed the blankets on Stephen's bed, "if the Ancient One believes you should know about it, then you'll hear it from her."

"But-"

"I should be going. I'll see you later Stephen." You interrupted and formed a portal straight to your room. You wouldn't want rumors to start of you coming out of Stephen's room. That'd just be a pain to handle.

"Bye (f/n)."

A/n: Apologies for the short chapter, the next one is much longer.