confusion | 4

It was morning.

The sun rays hit Deku's face, making his eyes slightly open. He groans and gets up, "It's morning..?" He mutters, rubbing his eyes.

He got out of his bed and lets out a soft yawn. His eyes trace back to his veranda, soon being greeted by the blinding light of the bright sun. As he lifts a hand to shield himself, he notices the gray and dull clouds approaching to engulf the sky.

He sighs and walks towards his door and reaches for the door knob.

But, before he could even lay a single finger on it, he remembers the unbearable thoughts that occured last night. Each moment flashes before his eyes making him stumble backwards.

The grief he felt, the tears nearly pouring out and her smile always appearing. It became like toxic, and even poison to the young boy.

He gasps from being overwhelmed once again. Odd. Very Odd. "Damn it."

He lets out a sigh and gets back up, and exits his room. He observes the hallways of the dormitory and notices no one was awake yet. 'It is a saturday after all..' He thought, scratching the back of his neck before walking towards the stairs.

He arrives to the living room to see nobody in it as expected. After at least 58 seconds of observing the room, he plops himself on the couch from boredom.

He looks around the room and sees the digital clock on the wall, stating it was "6:56 AM" . 'It's still quite early..' Deku thought, rubbing his eyes.

Suddenly, he hears the main door open and immediatly looks over.

He ends up seeing Ochako, with a baby blue towel hanging behind her neck, and her face all dirty. "Deku? You're awake!" Ochako exclaimed cheerfully, approaching him with a sweet smile.

Deku, in the other hand, had his head hanging low, his arms resting on his knees as he lets his legs spread out. He was srill frustrated and obviously needed some time to think of these odd feelings.

"Deku?" Ochako says, wondering why he was silent. "Ah..Hey." Deku replies, finally coming back to his senses. As he says this little greeting, he ends up looking back up to her with a tired look on his face. Ochako gives him a confused look.

"Are you okay, Deku?" She asks, as she sits down on the couch, looking at Deku. "I'm fine." He says, in a sort of blank and mad tone, looking away from her. "You don't look fine at all!" The brunette protested, worried from hearing Deku speak in an odd, lifeless tone.

"Deku, look at me at least.." Ochako begs, still concerned Deku sighs and looks over to her.

"Did you get enough sleep?" Ochako asks, "Yeah." Deku replies with the same empty tone and looks away from her once again.

"Uhm .. Did you eat enough food last night?" Ochako asks him another question. "Yep." He replies.

"B-But- .. Did something bad happen?" She continues asking, clearly desperate for an answer. "Nope." Deku replies, his head still facing towards the floor.

"Uhm, what abou-"

"I'm fine, Uraraka." He said, finally giving her an  actual sentence. He raises his head to her, a fake smile soon starting to paint on his face. "I'm just kind of worried." He said, returning his sight to the ground.

"Eh? Worried about what?"

Silence.

He had words stuck on his throat. They were drowing, barely out of the surface.

"I'm just .. worried about .. you?"

'Shit.'

Deku felt instant regret hit him. Obviously, those weren't the words he was supposed to say. Or maybe it was. It could've been the truth he's been denying a lot.