counting constellations | 12

note;

italicized and underlined - ochako's negative thoughts

italicized and bolded - ochako's positive thoughts

"Hmmm, all pairs have been assigned except for Uraraka.." Mr. Aizawa says, observing the pairs set before him.

He sets his eyes on the lonely Ochako, no one beside her whatsoever. "I'll go with her!" Mr. Aizawa looks behind him to find out who was the source of the voice. He sees Midnight, her hand raised high with a smile of empathy on.

"This is a Test Of Courage. I don't think it would test any of her bravery when she's aware there's someone to guard her." Mr. Aizawa stated. Despite his respone or perhaps, refusal, it did not shatter any of Midnight's hope and excitement.

She lets her hand down but keeps her smile on. "I'll pretend to be somewhat a victim or perhaps someone she has to defend for the test." Midnight insists.

Mr. Aizawa raises an eyebrow and turns his eyes on All Might (Retired Form). The brave hero couldn't help but smile despite his mouth usually straight with teeth all lined up. "I think this would be a good idea." Mr. Aizawa stated, landing his eyes back on Midnight.

He turns his head to the brunette. "You shall be partnered with Midnight. And like she said, simply imagine that you have to protect her. Understand?" Mr. Aizawa says. Ochako nods and looks over to Midnight. The woman starts to run towards her due to her excitement.

"Uraraka, I'm excited to be partnered with you. Please protect me at all costs!" She smiles, grabbing the brunette's hands firmly.

This isn't the sadistic Midnight she knew. She seemed so happy and bubbly, it's hard not to smile. Ochako lets her lips form a light smile on their own. She nods, "I shall try my best, Miss Midnight!"

○ • ○ • ○

Ochako walked on the same slow pace as Midnight, her sneakers crunching the dirt on the ground.

The bushes around them was filled with blooming flowers and there were several unknown trees.

Stars shimmer in the night sky as the pair walks slowly in the path.

"Ah! Look, it's my tree!" Midnight runs over to a tree that looked dull or worse, it looked like it's dying. "My name is still carved on it. Ah, how nostaligic ~" She says, her fingers gently tracing on the kanji carved on the surface.

Ochako walked up to her and observed the tree. "That's amazing.." She says, gasping as she smiles at the sight.

The class was sent off to the maze of trees with a mission,

- get on the hill.

A certain hill stood tall in the middle of the forest. It was clear and the grass was crispy and according to Midnight, it has the most incredible view. In order to identify the hill, there's a giant bolder there with a certain kanji written on it.

Whoever got there first would receive a prize from the teachers. Rumors say it's free midnight snacks for the bonfire later.

Despite the fact how difficult escaping forest would be, the teachers decided to add more obstacles.

They sent a few teachers out into the forest to capture the students. A few students were pulled away from their partners to become a ghost in the middle fo their walk. One of them was Bakugou or perhaps Todoroki. Whoever got snatched had to be a ghost for the whole test and scare the rest of the survivors.