I've Got You All To Myself Now

Gerard felt himself slowly wake up and rubbed his eyes. His head throbbed tremendously, and his vision was slightly blurry when he opened his eyes. He slowly sat up, experiencing even more pain for the soreness he didn't realize he had. 

After a few moments, Gerard's vision completely returned, and he was extremely confused. The bed he was in was definitely not his, nor was the bedroom. How the fuck had he gotten here? Where was here?

Looking around the room, he noticed the room looked particularly old. Everything was collecting dust, and the faded wallpaper was peeling off the beige walls. The room barely had any furniture in it either- just a full-sized bed and a wooden dresser.

Gerard forced himself out of bed, and managed to stand himself up with one of the bedposts. He made his way over to the door on the other side of the room, only to discover it was locked shut from the other side. Frustrated and a bit worried, he turned back around and walked over to a single window on one side of the room. Squinting from the bright morning light, he peered outside in hopes that he could get out through the window. Looking down, he realized that wouldn't be the best option. He was three stories up which told him not only was he in a huge house, but he also couldn't jump out, unless he wanted to break his legs. If worst came to worst, that could be a possible option, but at the moment, he seemed safe.

He continued looking outside at the landscape. He definitely wasn't anywhere he recognized. In fact, he seemed to be in the middle of absolutely nowhere. The house sat on a very large amount of land, with woods that weren't too far off from the house. He couldn't see any other houses, or any roads. Just acres and acres of land and tall trees. He tried not to worry though, considering the fact that he was only looking at the backyard of the house. Maybe the front yard would be more relieving, but of course, he had no way of telling at the moment. 

As there was nothing else to do, Gerard sunk down to the wooden floor holding his head in his hands, desperately trying to remember what the hell had happened. Did he get drunk? Did he have some sort of one night stand? 

"Think Gerard, think. What's the last thing you remember doing?"

He remembered that previously he had been busy packing up the last of his belongings, because he was leaving for his flight in less than a week. It had been weeks since his and Frank's argument about the moving situation, but Frank had come over begging Gerard to stay... that he remembered. Gerard had refused, and Frank got angry like he had during the first fight, but he hadn't stormed out of the house... What did he do?

Then the memory hit Gerard like a brick. Frank had attacked him! He had somehow hit Gerard's legs hard enough causing him to fall over and as a result, Frank had tackled him to the ground. Gerard had tried to fight back, but Frank did something to him that caused Gerard's vision to slowly fade away. The last thing he truly remembered was himself becoming weaker and weaker as Frank sadly watched from on top of him. 

So had Frank really dragged Gerard out to this awful place and locked him in this bedroom? Why would he do that though? And if Frank was the one who had done this, where was he? Gerard started worrying more. Frank's anger issues were pretty bad, but Gerard didn't think they were this severe. What if Frank had gone completely insane? Was Gerard really safe here?

Frantically, Gerard began digging through his jeans pockets for anything useful-preferably his phone. However, Gerard was devastated to find absolutely nothing. He quickly stood back up and desperately searched through the drawers of the dresser only to find absolutely nothing once again. 

Just as he started questioning the possibility of jumping out the window again, Gerard heard footsteps approaching from the other side of the door. Having no clue what he should do, Gerard stood dead silent in one corner of the dusty room and watched intensely as the door was unlocked. The door swung open revealing a smiley Frank. 

"Oh hey, Gerard," Frank greeted him enthusiastically, "I'm so glad you finally woke up. I was starting to get really lonely without having you to talk to". Frank held out an ice pack to Gerard, who was currently speechless and unable to move. "This is for your head," Frank explained trying to convince Gerard to take the ice pack, "I know I'm not a doctor, but this is the best I can do for now". 

Gerard hesitantly took the ice pack from Frank and raised it to his head without saying a word. He was still in shock from seeing Frank act like normal, but thankful that the ice pack slightly soothed his injured head. Frank smiled happily again, pleased to see Gerard looking a bit relieved from his pain. After sitting in silence for what felt like too long, Frank tried to continue his one-sided conversation.

"I made breakfast if you're hungry. I may have forgotten to bring any painkillers for you, but at least I remembered to bring food," Frank laughed. Gerard remained silent and stared down his dirty, black Converse uncomfortably. He was so confused at this point, and he really didn't want to think any more about the situation he was somehow stuck in.

"Gerard, you're going to have to talk to me eventually," Frank whined. Still receiving no answer, he gave up and stated, "Fine, I'll be downstairs in the kitchen if you finally decide to speak to me". He walked out of the room, leaving Gerard on his own again. As walked down the hallway with his back to Gerard, he added, "I wouldn't try escaping either. All of doors and windows are locked tight". With that sudden comment Gerard finally looked up. He was truly trapped in this house. Not even the windows were an option for him. That also meant Frank, definitely didn't intend on letting Gerard go anytime. Fuck.

But why would Frank do something like this? Sure, him and Gerard were good friends and all, but Gerard never thought Frank would go as far as to kidnap him. Had he really not wanted Gerard to leave this badly? Then Gerard started to freak out again. His plane would be leaving in a few days... unless it had already left. Honestly, he had no clue as to how much time went by since Frank had kidnapped him. Who knew what day it could possibly be?

Gerard decided to make his way downstairs in search of Frank after realizing that he was, in fact, going to have to speak to him eventually. Additionally, Frank most likely had all the answers to Gerard's questions. The only problem was convincing Frank to share them.

When Gerard finally found his way to the kitchen, he met eyes with Frank, who was sitting at a small circular table in the center of the room. Frank couldn't help but smile at Gerard's sudden appearance. Gerard took the seat across from Frank, planning what he should ask Frank. It would probably be best if he was polite, so he could earn Frank's respect back. 

"What the fuck is going on here?" Gerard spat out. Well, maybe Gerard wasn't in the mood for being polite. He had gotten kidnapped by his best friend after all. 

"Well, someone woke up extra sassy today, but it's okay. I know you just need your morning coffee," Frank giggled. Gerard kept a straight face. This wasn't some sort of joke. Gerard wanted answers, and Frank was the only person he could ask.

"Frank, I'm serious. Why am I here? What is this place? Why did you do this? Don't you realize that I was supposed to get on a plane to Europe?" Gerard asked staring Frank harshly in the eyes. 

"Because," Frank replied briefly. 

"Because? Because what?" Gerard sat forward, growing impatient. 

"Because I-" Frank hesitantly tried to say.

"Because you what?!" Gerard shouted at him, standing up and slamming his hands down on the table.

"Because I love you!" Frank shouted back even louder.

The room grew deadly quiet after that. No one said a word.