One | First Use

Our eyes are camera shutters, capturing memories as we see them. People have no use for other digital devices, they all are able to take images through their own vision.

However, it only works for certain objects.
For example, a person may only be able to take a 'picture' of marine mammals or plants or even people.

Eum Yeongmi's eyes did neither of those.
Her eyes did not capture a single thing for storage.

She could only see.
Yet that was the worst thing eyes could do in this world.

Her family members, friends and colleagues knew this, of course, most people were disgusted from it.
They stayed quiet, too tactful to say it to her face.

Yeongmi hates living like this.
She wishes she had something to capture.

She didn't even have a tangible camera, that's how much she hoped her eyes would work one blessed day.
She felt defected, without any use, without any worth.

Until, one day.

One day, at her uncle's post office, a man walked in to give a few packages.
He was the new postage deliverer.

Her eyes glossed over and she felt a clicking sensation in her eyelids.
After the man left, her mind held the image, completely unchanged.

Her eyes filled up with tears and her uncle quickly came to ask why she was crying all of a sudden.
She mumbled incoherently for a bit until her uncle was finally able to make out—

"My eyes worked for that man."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------