Five | Answers

After a while, the pair got close enough that they dropped the honorifics.

Yeongmi was able to control her eyes so they wouldn't take pictures of Jimin unnecessarily.
But he was the only thing she captured, even she couldn't resist.

Her uncle wanted her to tell Jimin but how would he react?

Over time, they had become great friends.
Yeongmi didn't want to ruin the friendship with the humiliating talk of her eyes.

One day, she was strolling through the park, watching as one kid told his mother about the picture of the trees he took.
She overheard the sweet exchange, the corners of her mouth turning upwards in response.

Her childhood wasn't like that at all.

As she stopped to sit on a wooden bench, a familiar voice addressed her.
"Fancy seeing you here Yeongmi-ah."

She turned her head to find Jimin, in black ripped jeans and a silk shirt.
She couldn't help taking a picture at the dashing sight in front of her.
"Likewise Jiminie, how have you been?"

"Good, just taking a day off. I wanted to go back to my hometown of Busan but I'll leave that for next week."
Yeongmi smiled, he was always so kind and easy to talk to.

"By the way, could I ask you something?" Yeongmi raised her eyebrow but let him continue.
"Could you tell me what your eyes capture?"

That question. Again.
Only this time in her life she had an answer.

Except she found it difficult to share.

"Uh... it's complicated."
Jimin nodded, his curiosity appearing to increase.

"Oh, do you only take images of certain things? Or in certain conditions?"
Yes but no.

"...Jimin I have a confession."
She had to tell him.

Her relatives and friends always pestered her to tell him, they had a bond after all.
They, like her, wanted to know why it was him.

Jimin's eyes held clouds of confusion but implored her to speak.
She inhaled deeply, exhaling a flurry of words.

"Myeyestakepicturesofyou."

Their gaze was unwavering and Jimin had an awkward smile upon his handsome face.
"Sorry, could you say that again?"

She spoke too quickly.

"...My eyes take pictures of you... and only you. Basically, I always thought I was useless or that my eyes didn't work because it never captured anything but the first day I saw you... they worked."
Yeongmi's rambling voice faltered with the joy she felt that day coming back.

However, she closed her eyes, feeling dread from Jimin's incoming reaction.

"...why didn't you tell me?"
He whispered, voice low and seemingly devoid of anything good.

"I felt scared, I didn't want to lose the one thing my eyes loved." Yeongmi's heart thumped loudly against the restrains of her chest.
"Forget I said anything, I'm sorry." She stood up to leave before Jimin held back her wrist.

"Yeongmi just listen to me." His voice held a firmness she had never heard before.
As well as affection.

"I'd be honoured to act as your art."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------