Four | Gentle Exchange

Her phone had filled up with missed calls from her uncle that same day.
She was currently sitting in the nearby café with a cup of vanilla latte.

She watched the swirls dance and wished she could capture it.
She wished too many things and it took such a toll on her mental state.

She looked out of the window to find nature blooming, trying to find the small comforts of Spring.
By the stone pathways, budding flowers sprung to life, one little robin scampering across the concrete and fleeing to the tree branches above.

Yet there was still nagging at the back of her mind; she wondered where that clicking in her eyes went.
Why did it stay dormant? Why did it embarrass her so?

"We've just met and yet you worry me already."

Yeongmi straightened up her slumped posture with impressive speed at the sound of Jimin's voice, seeing him in his blue working outfit, with a sad smile on his face.
My eyes like him most when he smiles.

"I— sorry..."
She looked down, to stop collecting the images.

"Don't be sorry, let's have coffee together! You haven't touched yours yet anyways."
Ah, that's right, she hadn't.

She was too stuck up in her thoughts to do so.

Jimin ordered an espresso and didn't hesitate to participate in conversation.
The two talked about their interests and dislikes.

Eventually, it turned to their eyes once again.
"So what do you capture Yeongmi-ssi?"

Yeongmi's hands fiddled with the hem of her top from underneath the table and she began stuttering.
Jimin got the message and told her to stop, that it was fine if she didn't want to tell him.

"It's your talent, so you can keep it to yourself without any problems."
He said, making Yeongmi feel worse with that smile again.

If only you knew that my eyes capture you.
Oh, how different this exchange would be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------