~Chapter 12~

Authors Notes:
Chapter 12 is here...
Hope you enjoy...

"Okay Jug but how are we gonna get her there."
"I'll carry her. It's only a ten minute walk." With that he stood up and picked the girl up. Fp made sure that he was there in case Jughead dropped Betty as they walked along the roads to the hospital. Her head looked up at Jughead and her eyes spun. Then her head fell back and everything went dark.

All she could hear were muffled voices.
"Her name is Elizabeth. She was hurt badly, we don't know how or why but please help her" It was Jughead's voice all fuzzy. "Please"
The next thing she knew she was staring at a bright white light. Her eyes flickered and blinked a lot. Her stomach hurt, her ribs hurt, her back hurt, her face hurt but there was one thing that made the pain go away, the one thing that woke her up. Betty moved her head to the side and lying right next to her, his leg swung over hers and his arms carefully placed around her. His head rested on her shoulder and she could feel his breathing in her ear. She tried to move her head, and she moved it ever so slightly to the side, she looked at him and a smile ran a cross her face and her eyes glistened.
"Jug." Betty croaked.
"Betts-Betty, Betty!" Jughead exclaimed. He moved and sat upright, he let her rest her head on his shoulder as he cradled his love around her waist.
"Dad!" Jughead said and Fp bolted up.
"Betty, I'm so glad you are ok." Fp smiled.
"Babe, what happened?" Jughead stroked her hair and looked at Betty inquisitively.
"I- I don't really know. I remember walking to Thistle-house and then Veronica was there and then an old lady." She said, obviously not remembering a lot.
"Wait, you hadn't gone to Cheryl's." Jughead's voice broke, "so this is all my fault." He started to cry.
Betty grabbed his hand and stroked it.
"No, none of this is your fault."
"Well I'm the one who made you leave, I'm the one who fought  against Veronica, I'm the one who didn't call the ambulance, it's me, I hurt you, it's my fault." He got up and ran out the room. She could see him on the other side of the door as he slid down the wall and broke down.
"Betty, are you ok. If I just-" Fp motioned with his hand as he pointed to Jughead.
"Go ahead Mr Jones."

It took awhile for Jughead to come back to his beloved, but he did. He came back and led next to her and kissed her on the cheek.
"I'm so Sorry beautiful." He whispered and the words lingered around the room .

Betty stayed in the hospital for awhile, Jughead and Betty both fell asleep. The doctor came in and discharged her from the hospital a little later after she had physiotherapist come in and make sure she could walk, she could walk but it was done very slowly.
"I brought the truck while you two were asleep. I'll take your bag and start the truck up." Fp said as he walked out of the hospital. Betty got changed into some clothes that weren't covered in blood, thankfully Fp had brought some spare clothes when he got the truck.
"Ready Betts." Jughead said as Betty walked out in an old pair of his joggers and one of his huge flannels.  She nodded, it was still very hard for her to walk and she waddled over to Jughead.
"Do you want a piggyback?" He smirked and waited for a reply. Her spirits had come back and she laughed.
"Of course I would." She got on his back and he walked her out of the hospital. She kissed his neck as he edged his way through the mass of people.
He made his way too the truck and placed Betty on one of the backseats. He clambered over and sat on the next seat.
"Ready to go team." Fp chuckled and they both nodded as Jughead grabbed both her legs and rested them on his lap.

When they got home Betty waddled into the bedroom and unpacked her things.
"Betty, can you come here a minute." Fp called from the sitting room. She walked into the room and saw Fp at the door with lots of bags.
"What's going on?" She asked, she was scared that they were leaving. But she was strong and had no time for tears.

"I'm moving out, kind-of. I asked Jughead if you and him wanted to come to Toledo with me to repair the family. But he showed me how great Riverdale is for you and with school and even though it's hard your family ,Betty, it's irresponsible to have you guys leave so I'm heading off for a while to help them move back. While I'm there if my wife has forgiven me then I will begin to look for a 3 bedroom house for us: 1 room for me and my wife, 1 room for Jellybean and 1 room for you two. I'll be gone a while but you two have each other. I'm having Tall Boy give me a ride so you guys can have  the truck. Goodbye son, goodbye Betty." He waved and left the trailer.

Jughead and Betty looked at each other and he walked over and hugged her tight.
"I guess it's just us now." He whispered and kissed her neck.
She was finally happy, no more of the pain she felt from her family, no more bullying and harassment from Veronica. She had finally found her happy ending.
She had finally found Happiness...

And..... That's a wrap.
I hope you enjoyed
"Finding Happiness" I have a sequel lined up, that will be published either next week, or in a few days.
Depending on my schedule!