Part one

An adventure of a lifetime. That's what I thought it was going to be.
It all began when my dad got moved to a new location for his job in Asheville, North Carolina. My dad is a CEO of a hospital in Manhattan, New York, that's where I used to live. My mom is a Trial Lawyer. 
The problem with living in Asheville is it's in the middle of nowhere. My family and I have never been extremely outdoorsy. We only ever step out of the house when we have to. School is the worst, it's a public school. That's a big no. Back when we lived in Manhattan, New York I went to a prestigious private school, Trinity School. Their I was the captain of the cheer team. We were the best cheer team in all of New York.
The first day of school at my new school was a nightmare. People started calling me the rich white girl and other horrible names. I don't understand why they were calling me names, at my old school everyone loved me.
Over the past few weeks I made a few friends. Alexa, she lives with her grandparents, her parents died in a car crash a few years ago. Jane, she was adopted from South Korea and is captain of the Volleyball team. Hannah, she has lived in North Carolina her whole life and is an artist. Adam, he moved to the United States when he was sixteen from Germany. He's still learning  english and he has a heavy German accents, a lot of times it's hard to understand him. Everyday after school we go and hang out at Starbucks and do our homework. I have always had an interest in history. Some people picture it as a burden. I see history as thousands of interesting stories. We had been learning about the history of North Carolina when the Cherokee Indians were brought up. We learned that they used to live on the Appalachian Trail. This is where my interest in the legendary terrain was sparked.  Learning about the trail got me thinking. As I said before, my family and I are not the outdoorsy and adventurous type. I really wanted to end high school with a bang. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. I had decided that hiking this trail would be perfect. It's something that I've never done before and I already know a little bit about the trail from history class. I decided that I would hike the Appalachian Trail this summer before I head off to college. I chose four friends to go with me on the trail. I went to go ask Hannah, Alexa, Jane, and Adam if they would want to come with me. I know Adam and Hannah have both been on parts of the Appalachian Trail before which is good. I found them talking by Hannah's locker.
"Hey I need to ask you guys something."
"Sure what is it?" asked Adam.
"Do you guys want to hike the Appalachian Trail with me this summer."
"Did you just ask us if we want to go hiking?" asked Hannah with a surprised face.
"Yes."
"Wow. I'm shocked, I never thought you would ever ask that" Hannah said, faking a heart attack.
"I know, I never thought I would too" I said surprised with myself.
"I think we would love to go with you" Adam said with everyone agreeing with him.