Chapter 5

-Private Jet, Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, 1962-

Less than an hour later, after being told everything about what she's getting into, Bonnie found herself sat on an extremely luxurious private jet... She honestly felt a little out of place.

"Here. You could probably use these." Bonnie looked up to see Charles stood smiling in front of her holding out to her a shirt and a tube of burn cream to soothe the tingling scald on her chest.

"Thanks you." She smiled up genuinely at him for the first time since they'd met not that long ago and stood to go to the loo at the back of the plane, leaving a slightly stunned and blushing Charles behind. He thought she was beautiful anyway (a thought he had kept to himself, but only a fool would deny her natural beauty) but when she smiled like that... She was stunning.

"Someone got a crush?" Erik teased from behind him when he noticed Charles' lack of movement.

"Don't be ridiculous Erik... I barely know the girl." Charles fired back, turning and glaring at the smirk plastered on Erik's face.

"I wouldn't blame you. She's a good looking woman..." Erik trailed off, enjoying the sight of Charles getting riled up. "You can't deny her that."

"No... You really can't..." Charles sighed, sitting in the seat opposite Bonnie's.

"And haven't you read her mind anyway Charles? You probably know more about her than she does, so don't give me that crap about barely knowing her."

Before Charles could answer, the plane shuddered briefly, and a pale Bonnie fled the toilet clothed in Charles' shirt, holding his jacket in her hand. She passed Charles his jacket with a mumbled "thank you" and quickly sat back in her own seat, clutching onto the armrests for dear life. Charles exchanged a short glance with Erik before leaning forward and gently placing one of his hands on hers, Bonnie jumping at the sudden contact.

"Bonnie? Are you alright?" He asked, definitely not focusing on how soft her hands were.... Like petals....

"I-I'm fine Charles... It's just... Planes have never been my favourite mode of transportation..." She trailed off, smiling weakly at him.

"Oh... I'm sorry for that. Do you... Would you like me to distract you?" Charles stumbled slightly over his words, hoping it didn't sound like he was coming onto her.

'Charles you sly old dog. We didn't come out here for you to try and get some.' Charles could feel the smirk and teasing dripping off of the thought Erik directed at him. He showed no sign of hearing it apart from his tense shoulders.

"How about I tell you a bit about your fellow mutants?"

"Could you? I'd love to know what everyone else can do..." Her smile this time was more genuine, wider. Charles found himself blushing lightly as he gazed at her lips, mesmerised... 'Would she taste like her psyche? Of lavender and vanilla?' He found himself wondering.

'You so want to kiss her, don't you Lover Boy?' Erik once again teased in his mind.

'Shut up Erik!' He fired back, holding back another blush that threatened to stain his cheeks. Charles coughed lightly, pulling himself together before focusing back on Bonnie.

"Well, as you know, first there's Erik and I. And our mutations are that..."

As Charles spoke, he pulled on his tweed jacket that Bonnie returned to him, holding back the urge to bury his nose into the collar as he got a whiff of lavender and vanilla... Erik would never let him hear the end of it.