Chapter 7

Bonnie woke up the next morning to the sight of a smooth off-white ceiling and the feel of plush duck down and Egyptian cotton covers. Confused at why she wasn't in her small, dark room she sat up and looked around, panicked.

"Ah, I see you've woken up, Bonnie." The now familiar British voice brought Bonnie out of her thoughts.

"Oh, Charles... Morning. What time is it?" She asked, now remembering her journey with the blue eyes man and his companion Erik.

"More like afternoon... It's 3pm. Can't really blame you for being tired, you haven't adjusted to the time zone. I only woke up half an hour ago."

"Right... Didn't mean to sleep so long... How did I get into the bed? Last I remember is falling asleep in the car."

"Charles carried you in. Awfully sweet, of him, huh? Ever the gentleman, Charles." A new voice teased from behind Charles. Charles looked away from Bonnie, blushing lightly and moved to the right to allow Bonnie to see the newcomer. "Well, aren't you going to introduce us Charles?" The newly revealed blonde asked the brunette, elbowing him in the side lightly and Charles cleared his throat.

"Right, yes. Bonnie, this is my sister, Raven Darkholme." Charles introduced, gesturing to the blonde teen female next to him. "Raven, this is Bonnie Cartwright, the newest edition to our little team."

"Nice to meet you Bonnie! It'll be nice to have another girl on the team, it's only us two and Angel right now... There's far too much testosterone around here!" Raven chuckled in good-nature.

"Nice to meet you too Raven." Bonnie returned her smile bashfully.

"Well, now you're here could you possibly show Bonnie around and introduce her to the others? I need to talk to Moira." Without waiting for a reply, Charles flashed a quick yet genuine smile to Bonnie, turned on his heel and strode confidently down the hall with his hands in his trousers.

"Typical man. Doesn't even wait for an answer," Raven sighed and rolled her eyes playfully. "Well, let's get you to the others! They should be in our little rec room. Don't feel shy about asking me any questions!"

'Blimey this girl can talk...' Bonnie thought, a well practiced smile lightening her features.

"That sounds lovely! Give me a moment to tidy myself up and I'll be ready to go." Bonnie excuse herself, getting up from the (sinfully comfortable bed) and moving into the small bathroom she noticed attached to her room. She quickly did her business, brushing her hair and teeth with a comb and tooth brush with a small tube of toothpaste she found on the counter. Sighing to herself, she looked her reflection in the eye and drew her thoughts together.

'Right Bonnie.. You can do this... Talking to people. If they're all like Raven it should be alright.' She egged herself on, fluffing her hair, straightening her sleep-wrinkled clothing (she figured they were clean enough - it's not like she'd done much in them and luckily only smelt of her perfume and soap) and pulling another smile on to her face before exiting the small bathroom.

"Shall we get going then?" She asked Raven, pulling on her discarded shoes.

"Sure! This way!" Raven chirped, leading Bonnie away from the sanctity of her room and into the metaphorical lions den.